Who Is In Control?

Monday, February 22, 2010
I like what our pastor said last night. He said, "Whether you believe it or not; whether you accept it or not; whether you acknowledge it or not, doesn't matter.  God is still in charge."
"From the east I summon a bird of prey; from a far-off land, a man to fulfill my purpose. What I have said, that will I bring about; what I have planned, that will I do."  Isaiah 46:11
"He changes times and seasons;  he sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning."  Daniel 2:21
These verses illustrates clearly that God has the power to fulfill everything He says and that He has the power to change anything.  God is in charge.  He is in control.
"This is what the LORD says to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I take hold of to subdue nations before him and to strip kings of their armor, to open doors before him so that gates will not be shut" Isaiah 45:1
He can use even a pagan king, King Cyrus, the appointed one, to facilitate His divine plan.  Here, it clearly illustrates that our unsaved loved ones can be used by God Almighty to carry out His righteous purpose.  God knows how to get their attention.  He is in control.
"'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the LORD. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."  Isaiah 55:8-9
He knows what He is doing.  He is in control.

As I reflected on these truths and pondered upon them,  I was encouraged to be reminded of these truths:
  • God hears our prayers.
  • He has a plan for us.
  • He knows what He is doing.  He had everything planned out already.
  • I can trust Him to do what He said He'll do.
  • He is in complete control of anything and everything on this Earth including my life. He can destroy and restore. He has the power to do anything.
  • He speaks not only to His people but to unbelievers and backsliders as well. 
Are you, like me, waiting for something you've been praying for for quite some time now?  Does it look like it's not going to happen anymore?  Does your situation look impossible?

Stand strong.  Keep believing.  Keep thanking Him because our due season is closer than we think. All those dreams and desires God wanted us to accomplish, those situations we are believing to see changed, will happen!  God can use unlikely situations or people to carry out His rescue.

Lord, I praise and honor you for what you have done and for what you're about to do in my life.  Thank you that you are in control.  Thank you that I can trust you with my dreams and desires you put in my heart to be fulfilled. I give you back all the glory.  In Jesus' mighty name, amen!




10 comments:

jo.attalife said...

Thanks Pia. Yes, there's something I've been praying for, and the situation grows more and more annoying (not to mention scary). But I have resolved that God is good. Despite all evidence to the contrary as perceived by my earthly and human eyes, God is at work, and I can trust His heart.

Lisa said...

I love what you said here, Pia - "God can use unlikely situations or people to carry out His rescue." What a blessing! I'm believing for you my friend and know that His rescue is right around the corner...for us both!
AMEN!!

Hugs,
Lisa

Denise said...

Amen sweet sis, thanks for these encouraging words. Lovebug and I thank you so very much for the generous love offering you donated to us. May you be greatly blessed as you blessed us. I love you dearly sis. You are always in my prayers.

Pia said...

jo: keep trusting God. hold on tight to His promises. He is faithful to fulfill every promise He made.

lisa: amen! and you, lisa.

denise: i have received help from bloggers as well and this time, since i have a little extra, i want to give back. thank you for praying dear sis. (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

Amen, God is in control. We may think we've got it together, but He's the One who holds it together. Great post Pia. ((Hugs))

Amrita said...

thank you for these scriptural reminders Pia

Slamdunk said...

Excellent message Pia. It can be easy for me to question whether God is really listening to prayer--He does and it is something I need to be reminded on occasion.

Ms. Kathleen said...

Hi Pia, what a great word. Yes, God is always in charge and that gives me a LOT of comfort. It is a reassurance of his love for me, like a parent in charge of their child. Wonderful!

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Yes, God is always in control. He is sovereign as what He told Job. He knows what He is doing and we only have to accede to His will and purpose in our lives. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

In denial, acceptance and moving on... that's what I believe and put into my life. Whenever I can't have what I wanted in life, I follow those 3 stages that's why I have a cheerful outlook towards life. I don't dwell much on what I don't have instead I enjoy what I have right here, right now ; ) Hope my positive outlook will be passed on to you dear ; ) xoxo

Blog Widget by LinkWithin