What Has God Promised You

Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Joseph knew that one day he was going to rise to a position of great authority. The problem? He was a slave who had just been accused of rape.

Do you know what God is going to do for you, but your circumstance right now seems to have a sign that says IMPOSSIBLE?

In the Bible, nearly every story is filled with incredible hardship, shaking and hopeless situations. But the characters involved held on to what God promised them and never gave up. They took God at His word. Even when they were at their lowest, they didn't let go of what God had said. Our story could be just as inspiring as theirs . . . if we don’t give up.

No matter who we are, where we live, what we’ve accomplished or what we’ve lost, we have a promise that God is waiting to fulfill. And He will fulfill that promise — if we don’t give up. If He’s told us He will do something, then it’s already done. So in a way we can’t give up, because we’re guaranteed to accomplish what He said. ~ John Paul Jackson of Streams Ministries.

What has God told you? If He told you He would do something, then it is as good as done.
10 As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,

11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.”

Isaiah 55:10–11


6 comments:

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Yes, I believe in what you wrote. God's promises are my only lifeline to my existence. I have surrendered everything to Him, even my life and I just hold on to His promises. Thanks for the inspiring post. God bless you always.

Denise said...

Wonderful post sweetie.

Carla said...

Love this, my hubby and I, are currently working on our marriage by praying together twice a day, and reading a positive daily scripture study book. I will share this with him tonight! May God unite you and your beloved, as we are 'hoping' He will us:)

peppylady (Dora) said...

I don't if god promise me anything special. But I believe we are love by god and that is a great feeling.

Coffee is on.

Akinola said...

Hi Pia,

You asked if I have written on 'Praying in tongues'. I have written something on the Holy Spirit which covers praying in tongues.

You can drop a line in my inbox at hevaph@yahoo.com

Renee said...

Very encouraging post, Pia. God does have a plan and purpose for each of us.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin