The Bus

Monday, April 27, 2009
I took the bus going to work this morning. I normally would sit near the aisle so I could get off the bus easily. But this morning I chose to sit at the far left near the window. Nothing special. The young couple who got off not five minutes ago came running back to the bus. I was totally oblivious on what's going on. I was busy tinkering with my iPod trying to get the right volume so I could hear clearly the podcast I was listening to about prayer.

The guy said, "Did anyone notice the man who was standing right here (pointing to the spot he was standing)?" The girl he was with was on the verge of tears.

The people in front, mostly ladies said, "There are a lot of people getting on and off the bus, which man are you talking about?" "Why, what happened?"

They guy lost his cell phone!

I thought, that could have been me. If I sat on the same spot where I'd normally sit, the man who took the guy's cell phone would have taken my iPod. I knew right there and then that God had been protecting me all along. When I got off the bus I just started thanking God for His divine protection.

I feel sorry for the young couple.


12 comments:

Beth in NC said...

I'm glad you were protected, though I'm sorry about the others.

LAURIE said...

Praise God for His protection! Be careful out there ... Laurie

Denise said...

Praise God for protecting you sweetie.

Carla said...

WOW! Thanks for sharing your mircale today:)

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Things like that happen to everybody. We must be very careful with our accessories especially when in public. You were spared from theft by the Lord. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

Tey said...

well God has given you the right spot to sit.

Hi Pia its been a while. I am so busy with my online business. Take care
Raptured Dreams, All Natural Cosmetics 4u, Celebrity Entertainment

Amrita said...

Ooohhhh that is so sad. Feel bad for the couple.

God saved you.

Joe said...

God's protection is to be much desired and appreciated.

Pia said...

i'm truly grateful for God's protection over me. i'm praising God for it.

J@n!ce said...

You are really blessed not to have sat on the usual place near the aisle :)

Aunt Angie said...

He does all that protecting...while we aren't even looking...just trusting!

The LORD truly watches over you ! Have a blessed day Pia!

Ms. Kathleen said...

That is so sad. I hope they get it back. Continue to pray for them. God is good.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin