Yey!

Saturday, April 27, 2013
I had my check up again yesterday with my three doctors. Showed them my latest blood test results and they were quite happy with them.  My nephrologist said lupus is under control.  That's music to my ears.  Praise God!  But as you all know, I'm not just believing God to make lupus under control but to make it disappear forever in my life.  Translation: completely healed!

Photo credit: loadedwithexcuses.com
I think the lupus was "under control" mainly because of my diet.  I eat what most would qualify as "boring".  I'll eat a banana and a glass of green smoothie for
breakfast. Okay, I have somebody who supplies me with that that's good for 3 days a liter. I'll have veggies and fish or chicken for lunch and dinner.  I'll have green salad in between meals. I'll have either avocado, pineapple or papaya for dessert. I'm not perfect and sometimes I still succumb to some of my guilty pleasures like ice cream, chocolate cookies, brownies and cheese quesadilla.

Believe me, with that kind of diet, my weight is still like a roller coaster.  I'd gain some, I'd lose some then I'd gain them back again.  I asked my doctor about this and she said it's mostly water retention and for as long as I'm taking steroids, I'll have that problem.  Good news is, my doctor started tapering my steroids. Yey!

I'm praising God for this!



1 comments:

Denise said...

Such awesome news, very happy for you. I love you, prayers continue for you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin