Hello Summer!

Tuesday, April 16, 2013
It's officially summer!

I don't particularly like the summer season because it's too humid here, but what I do like are the get-togethers and the outings. Oh, and the food too!  Haha!

I did go to two outings this summer.  I have to limit it to two because of my condition.  Nonetheless, those two spelled F-U-N.  I thank God that I wasn't in pain during those times I was out of town. In fact, I feel much better now.  I hope and pray that there would be less no more flares now and in the future. Lupus be gone!

Last April 8, my Sun Life family went to Anvaya Cove again.  Well, I wasn't able to do much outdoors, but I did enjoy the get together.  My bosses were very protective of me.  I'm so blessed to have them around.

In case you're wondering where I am in this photo, I'm in front, left side.  The one seated next to the guy in white. Hehe... I understand.  I gained a lot of weight. 


I also went out of town to Bay, Laguna with my NTC (National Telecommunications Commission) family last April 12-14. We stayed at the rest house of one of our senators.

With Rizza Fortes, the wife of my former boss, Deputy Commissioner Jaime Fortes, Jr.

We also went to Mr. Francisco Magsaysay's farm where farm fresh cow's milk is being produced. Yum!

L-R: me, Rizza, Muray, Director Vicky, Alice & Carlos




Behind me is Dr. Jake Borja, the one who oversees the entire operation, including the well-being of the cows.

The farm

L-R: Carlos, Atty. Ven Canta, Alice, DC Jaime Fortes, me & Eddie

Before heading home, we stopped by Calamba, Laguna where our national hero, Dr. Jose Rizal, once lived.

 Clockwise: The main house, kitchen & library

 From top left clockwise: One of the bedrooms, dining area & play house

Dr. Jose Rizal's doodles & handwriting

I learned that this house is a replica of the original house which was destroyed during WWII.

That's about it.  Brought home bottles of farm fresh cow's milk, the only milk I can take for now.  God's timing is really impeccable!




6 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing. You are beautiful. I love you sweet friend.

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing all the pictures~ Felt like I got to go along with you! LOL ♥♥♥

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Pia,

Heard about you from Sushi LOL!
~Praying for you...Yes~ "Lupus be gone!" In Jesus~ Lisa & Buddy

Renee said...

Glad to hear you are better and pray it stays. Great photos!

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

You are looking great, Pia! Glad you are enjoying the SUMMER!

xoxo
MrsMartinez

Angela said...

Thank you for your prayers Pia and like you I can't begin to try to figure it all out because my head hurts when I try....Thanks for sharing with all the pics..looked like an amazing, blessed time of fellowship.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin