Remembering Dad

Monday, April 22, 2013
I remember when my siblings and I were still kids, my family would always go to church on Sundays then go to Greenhills to have dinner at Dad's favorite Chinese restaurant, Sun Moon Garden. He would order chicken, pork, crabs, fish, veggies and plain/fried rice

I remember how Dad would plan our out of town trips. He loved to travel and explore new places.

I also remember how Dad would cook his Italian spaghetti with meatballs (Mom makes the meatballs) on Christmas eve and the whole family would stay awake to celebrate Noche Buena together. Sometimes he'd prepare Beef Stroganoff for the occasion which is my personal favorite.

There are so many other stories I can tell you of how Dad was when he was still with us. Memories we will forever keep in our minds and in our hearts.

We love you, Dad!

This was taken on my 3rd birthday

This was taken December 1989 in Baguio City

This is one of Dad's favorite movies, The Student Prince, who's lead character was played by Edmund Purdom. And one of Dad's favorite singers, Mario Lanza, who's singing voice was used by the lead character in this movie.


Today is Dad's first year anniversary in heaven. We miss Dad very much, but we know that we'll see each other again... one day.






4 comments:

Denise said...

God bless you my precious friend, as you remember your wonderful father. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pia....I think you gave a nice tribute to your dad for the 1 year anniversary. My mom's 3 year anniversary is on the 27th and I'll be posting on that. I think it is a wonderful thing to do...to introduce our loved parent to others and to honor them~ God's blessings with you Pia, and hope you are having a good day today!

Renee said...

Thinking of you and your family at this time.....of course having lived at Clark Air Base, Baguio City brings up warm memories for me. Take care...

Gigi said...

This is Spitty-the-Kitty's Human, Mary. I just saw your comment on my blog about my Mom. Many condolences on the loss of your father--still such a recent loss. As years go by, the sadness does lessen but the wonderful memories remain.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin