{See & Pray WFW} Zephaniah 3:17

Wednesday, January 30, 2013


Two things caught my attention in this verse - He is a mighty savior and He will calm all your fears.  All of us are going through something in life.  Whatever it is that we're going through that we feel like we need to be rescued from, God is mighty to save.

Mighty - having superior power or strength. (Dictionary.com)
Savior - a person who saves, rescues or delivers. (Dictionary.com)

Fear is debilitating at some point. Fear, whether real or imagined, can eat you alive.  God said He will calm ALL your fears. 

Calm - implies an unruffled state, especially under disturbing conditions. (Dictionary.com)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Father, thank you that you are mighty to save.  You are mighty to save me from where I am now in my life. Thank you that you can calm my fears. Father, you know exactly what I need right this very moment and I'm choosing to trust your Word today. Thank you for your unconditional love, that even when I fail you, you're still there to welcome me back with open arms. You are simply amazing!  In Jesus' name, amen! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More WFW at the Internet Cafe Devotions.  Come "See and Pray" Zephaniah 3:17 with us!



4 comments:

Slamdunk said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement Pia. Zephaniah is not one of the more frequently quoted books in the Bible, so it would be easy to overlook this one.

Denise said...

Amen, love you bunches.

HeARTworks said...

Hi Pia, we will never be disappointed if we put our hope in the Lord. Just last Sunday, the priest in our retreat said that fear was the opposite of peace. :^) patsy

Beth in NC said...

Hi Sweet Pia,

Thank you for reminding us that He will calm all of our fears! I'm grateful!

Bless you!
Beth

Blog Widget by LinkWithin