Meet Sushi

Saturday, February 2, 2013
I finally got my pet cat!  Woohoo!

She's so cute! Her name is Sushi.  She's a 4-month old Himalayan cat. She's very sweet and loves to play.  I don't really know much about cats although my family had pet cats which we brought home  from the streets. This is the first time I had a pet cat of my own. I don't know much about Himalayan cats either.  I don't know if Sushi is a pure breed Himalayan or not, but whether or not she is, I love her to pieces.



I saw Sushi for the first time at my friend Shirleen's house. Right there and then I fell in love with this cutie. I decided I wanted to have one, too... soon, I thought.

I prayed for it.  I prayed for a pet cat.  I told God that I really want one, but I couldn't afford to spend that much to purchase a cat now. I'd rather buy my supplements and meds with the funds I have than spend it to buy a cat... But God, I really want one!  I told God that if He really wanted me to have a pet cat now, He'll make a way for me to have one for free.  Honestly, I didn't know how that could ever be possible.



Two weeks later, Shirleen texted me and said she's selling the cat because her daughter's asthma is acting up again. Really???  I got excited... but thought, God, it's not good enough.

Shirleen said I could pay whenever.  Hmmm... tempting... but God, it's still not good enough.  If that cat is for me, you're going to make a way for me to have her for free.

Another friend of mine, who's a dog lover, knew that I wanted so much to get a pet cat and I told my friend that Shirleen's selling her cat.  As soon as I said that, my friend immediately said, "Get it! I'll pay for it."

Wha???  Did I hear right?  You'll pay for the cat? 

Hmmm...

You know, God does answer prayers.  Sometimes it takes time... Sometimes it's quick. One thing I'm reminded of with what just happened is that GOD DOES ANSWER PRAYER. And when He says YES, rest assured that that prayer request is YOURS!

Me & Sushi



3 comments:

Rachel said...

Lovely cat! She's so cute! I am so thankful that God answered your prayer for you to have your own cat, and not just any cat, but the cat that you really liked. He heard you and He made a way for Sushi to be your cat. I thank God for that.

I can see how happy you are. The glow on your face says it all. I am sure you and Sushi will enjoy each other's company for a long time. I am so happy for you, Pia!

Denise said...

I am so happy for you, she is so cute. You two make a sweet couple. I love you.

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

Now you have a pet too! She looks so cute and adorable!

xoxo
MrsMartinez

Blog Widget by LinkWithin