Thankful Thursday

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Wow, can't believe it's already Thursday and February is almost over.  How time flies!

Today I am thankful that I am in a good place.  By that I simply meant I am healthy, my bills are getting paid on time, my business is doing well, I have clarity of mind, I have joy in my heart, I have loyal friends and most of all I am happy.  

Some people couldn't understand why I can be in a good place when someone important in my life is missing. Some people couldn't reconcile the thought of me happy when something major in my life is pending.  You see, I didn't arrive in this place with petals of roses on my feet; I arrived here with thorns.  But I made a decision to surrender my life to the Lord and trust Him fully.  And He gave me a promise.  When I did, my outlook in life took a 180 degrees turn. 

I thank the Lord for making me who I am now by allowing those thorns to hurt me.  Now I can say that really, in all things God works for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28).

I am very much expectant of God's surprises to me in the coming days.  I thank the Lord that He is a promise keeping God.


What are you thankful for this week?

For more Thankful Thursday, visit Iris over at Grace Alone.




4 comments:

Denise said...

Such beautiful words, from a beautiful heart. I love you.

Tonya said...

This thankful post is a sermon to me today! Beautiful! And what a blessing to be in such a good place in life inspite of everything unfortunate going on.
My prayers remain with you and your family.

Laurie Collett said...

God is good to show us the beauty in the thorns. Thanks so much for visiting and commenting on Saved by Grace! Your blog is a blessing and I am now following it, and I invite you to follow Saved by Grace as well.
Love in Him,
Laurie Collett
http://savedbygracebiblestudy.blogspot.com/

Kathleen said...

Pia, lovely, lovely, lovely... God takes the uncut diamond and turns it into a beautiful jewel. God is sooooo good! Have a blessed weekend :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin