Can't Stand the Heat

Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Gee, there's no denying it. It's summer. Some enjoy summer, I don't. I can't stand the heat! Yesterday, I thought I was going to have a heat stroke. I felt like burning inside. 36.1˚C... can you believe that? I was out on a meeting yesterday and as soon as I stepped out of the building, I thought I was going to faint. It was super hot!

Anyway, because of the weather yesterday, I noticed how easily I snapped at the most trivial matter. I went to get an NBI (National Bureau of Investigation) clearance as part of the requirements in getting our Chinese visa. It was simpler if I only had to renew my clearance, but I had to change my name on it to match the name on my passport. So I was done filling out the application and was in line to place my finger marks on the form. Then this elderly guy who was assisting us on it immediately pulled a sheet of wet tissue, gave it to me and said, "Five bucks."  
What the ??? I had the most puzzled and shocked look on my face and I was pretty sure many saw it. He didn't even ask me if I needed it.  What a way to earn money!  It wasn't the amount that shocked me. It was his impudence.  

Hello?! I had wet wipes in my bag!!!  The nerve!

Anyway, my mom, dad and sister got theirs today. We're waiting for the release of my dad's passport on Monday. We already received the LOI (letter of invitation) yesterday from the hospital in China. 

Please remember us in prayer. 



4 comments:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I tried to comment on your last post, but it wouldn't let me for some reason.

Wow, I can't get over the nerve of that guy. You should have just said "No, thanks." and pulled your own out...or even just not pulled any out but just said no.

Glad to hear your dad is going to get some treatment, and hope it works. Praying for him!

Pia said...

thanks, shelley. i was shocked and wasn't able to say anything. i should have said something though, oh well...

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Yes, the excessive heat can affect our moods and judgment. We must practice patience and tolerance towards others the way our Lord treated His adversaries before. I am still praying for your dad. By the stripes of Jesus he is healed. Amen. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

Pia said...

thanks, bro for praying. God bless you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin