Dad

Sunday, April 3, 2011
***UPDATE***

April 7.  Dad's checking out of the hospital today.  The biopsy result will be out on Monday.  Dad looks okay.  We continue to pray and ask God for healing and miracles to happen. Ultimately, not our will but His will be done.

Please continue to include my dad in your prayers.  Thank y'all.

*****************************************************************

***UPDATE***

April 5.  Dad's biopsy is scheduled at 7 a.m. tomorrow.  Dad's feeling lousy today, probably because of the meds.  He still has a good appetite in spite of his condition.  I brought one of our youth pastor to the hospital and we prayed together with my mom and dad. 

Please continue to include my dad in your prayers.  Thank y'all.

*****************************************************************

***UPDATE***

April 4.  I got an email from my sister updating us all of Dad's condition.  The MRI report is out, but final interpretation will be given tomorrow.  The Pulmonologist wanted Dad to undergo a biopsy based on the CT scan result where three masses were seen. Dad is scheduled to have the biopsy on Wednesday.  My sister who's a registered nurse wanted to bring Dad to the Lung Center to have a second opinion on which approach or treatment is best for Dad.

Please continue to include my dad in your prayers.  Thank y'all.

*****************************************************************

God is really faithful. 

I have been praying for my dad's salvation for decades and finally yesterday, April 2, my dad accepted Jesus in his heart.  My dad was a tough guy.  When he says something, we better follow or else!  My siblings and I somehow got our strong personalities from our dad.  We are all strong willed.  But my dad can also be very sweet. 

I thought the day my dad will finally receive Christ in his life will never come.  I thought wrong.  Really, nothing is impossible with God. He does answers prayer... in His perfect timing.


My dad is in the hospital now.  We are waiting for the MRI and CT scan results.  Hopefully we'll get them on Tuesday or Wednesday next week.  If you happen to pass by and read this post, please pray for my dad.  

Dad, we all love you!  I love you.  Get well soon.  



10 comments:

Amrita said...

So thrilled to read this Pia.

There is rejoicing in heaven and earth.

The Lord has a plan and perfect time for His people.

Corry said...

Praise The Lord! :-D

God's Grace.

Debbie Petras said...

Oh Pia, how wonderful to read this news! It is so encouraging to see how faithful our God is. Your prayers have been answered. Yes, I will pray for your dad.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

That is such awesome news! I've also prayed for your dad, his test results, etc.

Pia said...

thank y'all for praying. my dad is so happy to know that there are people in different parts of the world praying for him.

Heidi said...

Praising Him for your dad's salvation! Praying for him too! Blessings!

Peggy said...

Praising God for your dad's salvation and lifting him, you, your family to God for miracles!

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Yes, I will pray for the divine healing of your dad. By the stripes of Jesus he is healed. Amen. God will make a way for your dad. We entrust him in the hands of the Great Healer. Thanks for the post. God bless you all always.

Kitty Cheng said...

Dear Pia, your dad and family are in my prayer. Lot of Love, Kitty x

Karen said...

Pia, I rejoice with you that your Dad received Jesus as savior. I call on the mighty name of Jesus for healing and peace for him. Bless you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin