Dad 2

Tuesday, April 12, 2011
***UPDATE***

April 11. My mom and dad went back to the hospital to get my dad's biopsy report. It was so strange because the doctor said there was a misdiagnosis. Last April 4, the doctor saw the three masses on my dad's lungs as per CT scan. One near the bronchial tube, one attached to the superior vena cava (One of the two main veins bringing de-oxygenated blood from the body to the heart. Veins from the head and upper body feed into the superior vena cava, which empties into the right atrium of the heart). The other one was located at the side of the lungs. The doctor said the most practical to do a biopsy on was the one near the bronchial tube, the two others were not advisable to even touch because of its very sensitive location.

Being the expert on these matters, he said just by looking at them, he was almost certain that Dad had stage 3B cancer. He even said that he will just have to test one and it will be conclusive for all three masses.

Then the result says MISDIAGNOSIS. What does that mean? Did the masses found turned out benign? I'm confused. My sister is bringing Dad to the lung center for a second opinion. Will keep you posted.

Please continue to include my dad in your prayers. Thank y'all.



To see previous posts about Dad, click here.



6 comments:

Angela said...

When I read this I thought about my own journey just two years ago. Remember when I wrote about my mother being told she had two months to live? A week later my son being told he had a brain tumor? They both had to wait three months to receive an MRI.Remember, my mother had only two months to live (as the Dr. stated)..Well they both made it to the MRI..results came back..everything clear. I am praying what God has done for my family He is doing the same for your Dad..love ya girl. Been praying and as soon as I saw this updated post I headed over.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

My thought was that the "misdiagnosis" is a miracle from God...that they're not there now, or something. Let's hope the second opinion clarifies things up!

jel said...

in my thoughts and prayers !


huggs

Pia said...

angela: thank you that encouragement. (((HUGS)))

shelley: i thought so too. i believe it was.

jel: thank you for praying.

MinnieRunner said...

Hi Pia, I hope it is just benign. May God Bless your dad and your family.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Prayer requests for your dad are posted in all my blogs. Let us all hope and pray that the Lord grant him a divine healing in Jesus name. We are all still praying for your dad. Be strong and hope for the Lord's mercy and grace. Thanks for the post. God bless you all always.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin