Weekend Adventure, Et Al

Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Draining! That's the word that can best describe how my last weekend was. I was in Batangas, a two-hour drive south of Manila, last Friday for a speaking engagement my boss had to attend for our regional office's 18th anniversary. We took the road which was newly opened for traffic by the President last April 17. I enjoyed the scenery very much. I wish I could have taken more pictures, but I was only able to take one decent picture from a moving car!


The following day, Saturday, I had my Leadership Training class. On Sunday noon I left for Baguio again, a five to six-hour drive north of Manila for another speaking engagement. I took this picture from a moving car (again!) Pardon my amateurish shots.



The next morning, I took more pictures before going to the Philippine National Police Media Relation Seminar where my boss was a guest speaker. We were back in Manila at around 9:30 p.m.



The next day I was able to report for work at 12 noon. I couldn't drag myself up in the morning. I was exhausted!


On a different note, I'd like to thank Cheryl of Hope for Each Day for her prayers for my family and for giving me an Arte y Pico award. Mel and Ester also gave me this award last month. Thank you so much for thinking of me. Cheryl, like the rest of my blogger friends who have walked with me in my life's jouney, is someone I wish I could meet in person. I'd like to give each of them a big (((HUG))). Someday, in God's perfect time and will, we'll see each other. Until that day, you are in my thoughts and prayer, forever grateful to have crossed path with an angel of God.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Pia, love your new blog photo.

the scernery pics you took on your trip are beautiful. i tend to sleep on long car rides; something about the motion just knocks me out. lol!

hope you're rested up. enjoy the rest of your week.

Anonymous said...

i know what you mean by exhausted. I want to post from something last Sunday and now I finely got it up.

Anonymous said...

Pia,

Again, beautiful. Such a heart of gold you have. I'm so blessed to have met you as well my friend.

Yes, one day, we will surely meet. Until then...

Blessings!
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

You sure had a very hectic weekend. That's nice. Yes, we will be seeing one another in the presence of the Lord at His appointed time. Till then, we'll just have to make do with our blogging correspondences. Thanks for the wonderful post. God bless you always my dear wonderful friend.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin