Total Surrender

Monday, December 12, 2005
Yesterday was our Annual Christmas Convergence which was held in one of our concert venues to accommodate our constantly growing attendees. Our ten Victory congregations in Metro Manila met for a time of worship, fellowship and thanksgiving to God. The place was packed! Here you can see people give their all in worship for our living God. Prayers were uttered for thanksgiving and for petition for the different needs of the people. Children from our Kid's Church performed to the delight of everyone present. It was certainly a blissful Sunday afternoon for all of us... especially me!

Before I headed to church, at about lunch time, I called up Corry and KC just to say hi. I was full of emotions that time and she could recognize it from my voice. After our short conversation, a feeling of calmness brushed over my whole being. I felt encouraged.

When we were all praying in the convergence, I totally surrendered all my cares to Him. I give up! I realized that I have been trying to fix my problems on my own, pleading God to help me but I wouldn't let go. I closed my eyes with tears about to fall, raised my arms up high and said, "Father, I surrender! Please help me!" I felt peace right away. When I left the place, I still have the same problems but I'm not burdened anymore. I know God will take care of me. Everything will be all right... because He says so and I trust Him.

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:6-7


22 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless you, Pia, in the midst of all you are to endure according to His purposes. I'm so proud of you.

Anonymous said...

The only way to find peace is to hand it all over to God. It's often hard to trust someone else to solve our problems and I'm so excited and proud for you.

Anonymous said...

Pop Winans, father to BeBe and CeCe Winans, has a great song called, "You've Got to Surrender."

Surrender to Him is the most important thing we can do.

Good post.

Anonymous said...

Now you are in the place where God can send you great comfort! Keep trusting Him to be a good Father to you. Praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Sis,

What a feeling of warmth and pride came over me as I read your post. I am so proud of the woman of God you are! Surrender doesn't come naturally. I believe God has a wonderful future for you. This website is only the beginning. You are so sweet and kind and you mean alot to me. I hope to meet someday if not in this world then our Heavenly home.

My new site is up now, take a peek. I appreciate your honest input.

Love and Hugs,
Your Sis In Christ,

Anonymous said...

Pia,
What a beautiful, encouraging post. I know the Lord is carrying you. May you be constantly empowered by His Spirit. May you feel His strength flow through you and may His love fill you to overflowing.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely site you have. I am so glad the Lord guided me here. May the Lord bless all you do.

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful you found peace in Him. Everything will work out for the best. God promised to provide and He will.

May God give you as many blessings as you give to us:-)

God's Grace.

Anonymous said...

Great music with the blog today.

Anonymous said...

Pia, I'm so happy for you! This is something I struggle with often. I forget how easy it is to surrender to God. Thank you for reminding me.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

Anonymous said...

I love your descriptions of your church. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

sparrow, wyldjoker: thank you. it was really hard but i knew it was the right thing to do.

joe: i so agree with you.

kristi: thanks so much. praying for you too. get well soon! =)

paula: hi, sis! yeah, surrender doesn't really come naturally. i'll go check it out after this. see yah!

paula m: thank you for your kind words. God bless you. =)

curmudgeon's rant: thank you for your visit. i'll go check yours in a while. hope to see you again here soon. God bless you.

corry: you're such a blessing. love yah!

darlene: glad you liked it. =)

jcstormy: you're so sweet. thank you. God bless!

Anonymous said...

CS: my church (VCF) helped me in my spiritual growth. i'd like to share it to everyone. =)

Anonymous said...

He is always there...just past the "end of our rope"...:)

Anonymous said...

wonderful wonderful :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!
As I read your post I was filled with gratitute to our Father for drawing you and for Your surrender. I appreciate your prayers for my family and I have been praying for you. I know that God is shaping you to contain more of Himself. Here is a great promise: Gen 15:1b: "Do not be afraid, Abram. I am Your shield, Your very great reward." He is our great reward, whatever blessings He gives us, He really is best, and in fact encompasses all good gifts. He is our great reward!

Anonymous said...

jada: thanks for dropping in. and yeah, it's true, He's always there. God bless you.

lorna: thanks. God bless.

OC: that's a great promise! thanks for praying. i will continue to pray for you and matt. God bless.

Anonymous said...

I love seeing such a dear sister being such a wonderful testimony and I pray He will continue holding your hearts in His loving hand.
;-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Pia. I was just wondering where you are in the Phils? My wife is from Cabanatuan city, Nueva Ecija.

Anonymous said...

KC: many thanks to you, bro. God bless!

sycorax: thanks for stopping by. i'm from manila. that's so nice to hear. please say hi to her from me. blessings to you! =)

Anonymous said...

I must say.. i love your design here. I may have to get some tips on sprucing mine up.

May God bless you continuously!

Anonymous said...

hi, nunzia! nice of you to drop by. thanks. i just love to tinker with the codes and see if it works. glad to be of help in any way i could. you're always welcome.

God bless!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin