Lessons Learned

Wednesday, November 2, 2005
God has spoken to me several times about reconciliation and unity. I began to see some light the moment I decided to step out in faith and obeyed God. God wanted me to make the first move (I normally wouldn't). And I'm glad I did. A relationship has been restored. It is so important to obey God because it is when God's power is unlocked. I continue to pray for this person very close to my heart hoping in God that changes in this person's life will take place soon.

As I have always believed, God has a purpose behind every problem. God uses problems to draw us closer to Him. It is during adversity that we learn to pray our most heartfelt prayer. Problems causes us to look and depend on God instead of ourselves. I love this line from The Purpose Driven Life --- "You'll never know that God is all you need until God is all you've got." Everything that happens to us is with God's permission. He is in control. God knows what is best for us and has our best interests at heart. "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

I have faced troubles in the past and I asked God several times, "Why me?" But now I have learned to ask God, "What do you want me to learn?" Those experiences taught me to be more patient and to hold on more firmly to God's promises. For Jesus said, "You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised." Hebrews 10:36


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this good report and I really appreciate your faithful attitude through your trials. I’m looking forward to hearing many more good reports. He is so good to us. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this update and we are grateful for the progress so far. Praise the Lord! Hang in there, girl. We keep praying!

God's Grace.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how differently we view situations when we let God be God and let Him do His job!

I try very hard to have that same type of attitude. It's no longer poor me, but rather, what can I learn.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Pia, your words and Gods love are exactly what I needed.

Anonymous said...

There is a gentleness and wisdom that springs up in this post. It takes humility to step out for reconciliation. Well done!

A verse that comes to me as I read...
Matthew 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.

Anonymous said...

A good, if difficult, lesson to have learned!

Good post!

Anonymous said...

Really nice post. "You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised." From Hebrew 10:36. Bears repeating!

Anonymous said...

beautiful blog :) I'm glad I found it.

I saw your memorials to your babies and they are lovely.

I am sorry for your loss

Your post about forgiveness, reconcilliation and stepping out in obedience to God - really touched me.

Anonymous said...

Excellent, Pia, to have learned that lesson to ask God "What do You want me to learn from all this?" I've got such a hard head, it took me years longer to learn to ask tht question. You go girl!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin