You Ask Why I Follow Jesus?

Friday, November 18, 2005
You ask why I follow this Jesus?
Why I love Him the way I do?
When the world's turn away from His teaching
And the people who serve Him are few.

It's not the rewards I'm after
Or gifts that I hope to receive
It's the Presence that calls for commitment
It's the Spirit I trust and believe.

The Lord doesn't shelter His faithful
Or spare them all suffering and pain,
Like everyone else I have burdens,
And walk through my share of rain.

Yet He gives me a plan and a purpose,
And that joy only Christians have known,
I never know what comes tomorrow,
But I do know I'm never alone.

It's the love always there when you need it;
It's the words that redeem and inspire,
It's the longing to ever be with Him
That burns in my heart like a fire.

So you ask why I love my Lord Jesus?
Well, friend, that's so easy to see,
But the one thing that fills me with wonder is
Why Jesus loves someone like me.

(From postive thoughts.com)

******

From the song Above All... (chorus)

Crucified
Laid behind the stone
You lived to die
Rejected and alone
Like a rose
Trampled on the ground
You took the fall
And thought of me
Above all


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was really nice!

Did you write it?

It's great.

Anonymous said...

I have to echo Joe on this. I really appreciate the attitude the poem reflects.

Anonymous said...

Both gentlemen above already stated what I was gonna say, but I will say it anyway: that was beautiful:-)

God's Grace.

Anonymous said...

Thank you

Anonymous said...

I've often wondered how Jesus could love someone like me and I don't have the answer but I'm so thankful He does.

Pia, thank you so much for your friendship. Through you I feel a deeper connection to our Lord.

Anonymous said...

Pia, I liked the line, "It's the longing to ever be with Him
That burns in my heart like a fire." That is His Holy Spirit that transcends a half of a world away and is among those that look forward to His coming. We are one church - His bride in Christ. (Merry Christmas!)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful poem Sis. Thanks for sharing. My Sis-In-Law, Cindy-Lou had a miscarriage this week, keep her in your prayers. Hopeyou are doing well. I'm sending you love and hugs.

Anonymous said...

Great poem, and I really love the pencil sketches below. Whoever did them is so talented.

Anonymous said...

I like the poem! I also love the song you posted. The Lord really blessed me with that song one time.

Anonymous said...

Nice poem. It's always good to hear of others who love Jesus too!

I love your site. You've done great things with it!

Anonymous said...

I echo what the others have been saying. Great poem.

Anonymous said...

Pia, Thanks. I'd love to send you a Christmas card booklet. How should we exchange information? If you don't mind me asking, what happened to Matthew? Isn't it nice that you will meet him one day in heaven? I left you a greeting on my site today. I pray that your Christmas plans work out for you.

Anonymous said...

Following Christ makes little to no sense to the World who lives by just logic and human reasoning. Neither can they know Him for His love is of the Spirit.

This is a powerful understanding glimpse into the Christian heart.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin