An Act Of Faith

Monday, November 7, 2005
We usually have a long celebration of the Christmas season here. As early as September, Christmas songs are already being played on the radio. I remember my mom putting up the Christmas tree that early and it will be returned to its box by mid January the following year. We will also start doing our Christmas shopping at the first "ber" month to avoid the Christmas rush. When I was a kid, I will receive gifts as early as September and would excitedly pile them up under the Christmas tree. I love Christmas!

Now that I'm married, I usually put up our Christmas tree right after my birthday. But not this year. This year is different because my hubby is not going to be with me. Or so I thought. I didn't have the urge to get the tree out of the box and fix it up. My hubby was insisting that I should and so did my friends. During our Bible study, my cell leader said something that made me realize one fact about faith and prayer.


So last October 31, in just an hour and a half, I enthusiastically put our 7 ft. tree up and decorated it. It's an act of faith on my part for something that I have been praying for. My cell leader was right. I'm believing God for something and therefore I should act on it. My tree, up majestically, symbolizes my FAITH in Him whom I trust.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hadn't heard about Christmas celebrations so early! I like it!

Thank you for your visit to my blog and for your kind words. I also see that you have linked your blog to mine. That is very kind of you.

It helps to know that there are people out there praying for my family. What a long strnge trip it's been!

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the daily bread. I too am praying about something to happen for Christmas. What a beautiful Christmas it will be if both our yearnings come to pass.

Anonymous said...

You shared,
"I will receive gifts as early as September and would excitedly pile them up under the Christmas tree."

What a neat tradition.

"I'm believing God for something and therefore I should act on it. My tree, up majestically, symbolizes my FAITH in Him whom I trust"

How very beauitful.

I must confess, I'm feeling sensitive to the Spirit this morning and find tears brimming as I write this while reflecting on your post. These scriptures come to mind...

Isaiah 61:3
To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Anonymous said...

Nice post!

Let the celebration begin!

Anonymous said...

We all should always act on and out of love, hope and faith. It yields the best results.

You are such an encouragement, Pia. May God bless you richly.

God's Grace.

Anonymous said...

'At first I was horrified by your early preparations and then it shifted and I could see the presents stacking up and the anticipation

when we transfer this from commerical Christmas to an anticipation of Christ moving IN and through us ... it's an amazing thing.

be blessed :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Pia, Thank you so much for an example of what faith is all about! I love the colors you chose for your site. Great!

Anonymous said...

Hey Pia, got your link through Kate's blog...I love reading about stories about how people step out in faith...It is such an encouragement. Thanks for sharing.God Bless.

Anonymous said...

I love putting the tree up. We eat great food and dance with the kids. It's a wonderful party night.

Anonymous said...

Baby Sis, I love your new look. I know it's going to be hard for you this season. Let us pray...

Dear Lord,

Bless darling Pia and keep her wrapped in your arms of peace and protection. May she rest under your wings. Please bring her and hubby together soon.

In Jesus name,
Amen

I am excited about the marriage you're going to have when you and hubby are reunited for good! You are learning to put God first and depend solely on Him. Your hubby is just the icing on the cake. I've missed your blog and our fellowship! It feels good to be back blogging for Jesus. You'll catch me buzzing by your site often.

Love and hugs,
Your Sis in Christ,

Anonymous said...

Father God, I stand in agreement with Paula's prayer for Pia. Let them be reunited quickly. Ease their hearts while apart. Thank you. Amen.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin