Life is a Choice

Sunday, September 22, 2013
I had a short chat with Sylvia, my best friend in Maryland, this morning.  We shared verses and prayer points like we used to; we talked about life both good stuff and bad; we talked about a lot of things.

I shared with her a verse which was texted to me by Izzy, a very good friend of mine, the other night. By the way, Ize, thank you for sharing with me that verse. It hit me in the heart like an arrow.
"So be careful to do what the Lord your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left. Walk in obedience to all that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess." Deuteronomy 5:33 
Walk in obedience to ALL that the Lord has commanded you.  This isn't always easy.  Sometimes He gives instruction that wouldn't always make sense to the human mind.  When I get that from the Lord, I get all sorts of unsolicited advice from people who think they know better.  For these people, practicality is the name of the game.  There's nothing wrong with being practical, but when choosing between practicality and God's instruction, for me that's a no brainer.  I'd definitely go for His instruction.  This is not so with a lot of people and admittedly, sometimes I fail to hear His voice.  But when I do get it, there's no way anyone can talk me out of it.


Life is a choice. 



2 comments:

Denise said...

Amen my friend. So glad you are feeling better, love you.

Anonymous said...

Lovely post Pia.

I did see your recent comment on my blog. I haven't forgotten you, I have just been so busy lately with Ministry that I hardly have time to write on my blog as much as I wish.

However, good to know you are still marching on with the Lord.

Stay blessed.

Akinola

Blog Widget by LinkWithin