What a Week!

Saturday, December 17, 2011
Huff... Puff...

Just got back from climbing the stairs from ground to 17th floor... twice! That's for my legs and cardio work out.  I do that often as a form of exercise.  It helps a lot listening to my fave radio station Magic 89.9 Saturday Slam which takes me back to the 90's.  

What a week!  

My friends and I had a feeding program last Wednesday, December 14, at the Hospicio de San Jose, a hospice, in Manila. Zenda and Maui were the ones behind all these.  I volunteered to help out every time they have an event like this.  It's not always about money.  It's fulfilling when you serve others like doing it for the Lord.  These elders and handicapped children were mostly abandoned and didn't have families anymore. Can you just imagine how happy they were when we visited them, handed them food and gifts? The smiles on their faces were simply priceless. Here are some of the photos taken during the event. 

 Please click on the photo to enlarge image

Double Happiness volunteers 
L-R: Pia M, Rita, Alma, Zenda, Maui and me, Pia O








The following day was a very special day for me.  So, for now... I went to celebrate it with my friend Babette over dinner at Cibo, an Italian restaurant, at Shangri-la mall.   

Insalata di Manzo, Spinaci Zola and Penne al Telefono

Last night, I went to watch Mission Impossible-Ghost Protocol with my friend, Zenda.  Can't believe Tom Cruise is turning 50.  He looks so fit!  I've been a fan since his Top Gun days. 


I praise God for the opportunity to bless others and for being blessed in return as well. 



4 comments:

Denise said...

Bless you for always being a blessing, love you.

Cathy said...

That was very sweet. I know you all were blessings.

Amrita said...

May God bless for reaqchinhg out to others.

Indian actor Anil Kapoor stars in that movie with Tom Cruise. I haven' t seen it.

Heard there was a storm in the Phillipines, pray you are safe

Pia said...

hi amirta. yes there was. it hit that part of my country really hard. we're okay.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin