It's Beginning to Feel a Lot Like Christmas

Sunday, December 11, 2011
I'm starting off with an update on Dad.  He finished his radiation therapy last December 8, after 37 sessions.  Starting January 2 next year, he will start brain prophylaxis just to make sure any potential cancer cells in the area will be eliminated. Dad said he might have 10 sessions of this.  Then a month after the treatment he will have another CT scan. He was excited because he said his taste buds are slowly getting back to normal.  For months his food tasted all the same - metal.  I'm glad Dad is lively again.  Thank you, Jesus!  I'm praying and hoping that everything goes well and that the CT scan will show promising results. 

Had my first Christmas party for the year last Friday.  It was Pastor Nuel's and his wife Iris' group's party. Everybody had so much fun.  The food was yummy and everybody took home prizes and giveaways.  Many volunteered to help out that made the work a lot easier.  Here are some of the photos.

At the registration with Pastor Nuel and Cecille

With my small group 
L-R: Jenn, Lheyn, Cecille, me and Jennie

At the parking lot with Babette

Next week will be full of other Christmas activities.  I sure am looking forward to them.  It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!



7 comments:

Amrita said...

lovely to see all the pretty faces. May the Lord heal and strengthen your Daddy

achildoftheking said...

Pia,

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment!

That's great news about your dad. I just learned recently that my dad has a non-treatable form of lung cancer. He's 72 yrs old. He's had a busy full life. I was never really a part of it. So, it doesn't affect me.

Also, a husband/wife team I know are missionaries from the U.S. there someplace in the Philippines. Their names are: Jerry & Donna Layton. You may or may not have heard of them or encountered them. We, my husband and I, attended their home church for a few yrs here in the U.S.

My prayer is that God will use your family to honor and glorify Himself and that all of you would be covered by His mercy & grace giving all of you peace of mind in Him. Praise HIS Holy Name!

Pia said...

thank you, amrita. i'm always glad to see your comments. God bless you!

hi kim. i'm so sorry to hear about your dad. no, i haven't heard or met jerry and donna layton. would you know which part of the philippines they are in? i'm from manila. thank you for your kind words. i truly appreciate it. God bless you, kim!

Denise said...

I love the pictures, you are so beautiful. Praise God for the news about your dad, prayers continue. I love you.

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

Hello Pia!

You are looking great!
Wish to see you soon!

xoxo
MrsMartinez

Pia said...

hi denise. thanks! love ya too, sweet denise.

hey mich! thanks! hope to see you soon too. =)

Cathy said...

Praying for your Dad's healing. You look very pretty, Pia.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin