Please Pray for Mom

Wednesday, December 21, 2011
***UPDATE***

Mom is now home, but still coughing. Dad said this should be thoroughly checked because she's not supposed to be coughing anymore.  

Dad, on the other hand, is sick-er.  He's also coughing.  It could be due to fatigue or stress.  I hope this has nothing to do with cancer. 

Oh, Lord Jesus, heal my parents. 

*****************************************************************

I used to ask questions like "why me?" or "why us?", but when you are hit hard and hit often, you just stop asking. You just do what you can and pray that God will help you pull it together.  

Mom was admitted to the hospital... again, last December 18 at the National Kidney and Transplant Institute. She was rushed to the hospital because she had difficulty breathing due to congested lungs. I lost count how many times she was rushed to the hospital because of this.  All these were results of complications brought about by her diabetes.  My Mom had a total of four heart attacks and three mild strokes since 1989.  The doctor said it hit her again so that will be a total of four mild strokes all in all.  Not to mention that she's also having dialysis three times a week.  

I believe that God is sustaining her all these years.  

When I went to the hospital, I saw Mom looking like this.  I just couldn't do anything for her.  I prayed. And when I didn't know what else to pray for, I prayed in the Spirit. It's just heartbreaking to see Mom in this state.  

Mom in the Hemodialysis unit

Mom in her private room looking and feeling a lot better

Mom's Pulse Oximeter

The doctor said the number on the left should be between 95 to 100. Mom's is 98 so that's good.  Thank God that Mom is feeling a lot better now.  She eats pretty well, although still on a soft food diet.  She might be discharged by Thursday.  

Please remember Mom in prayer.  We are all hoping and praying for complete healing not just for Mom, but for Dad, too.  When God said that nothing is impossible with Him, I take that to heart and believe that God is bigger than any of these sicknesses and diseases.  





11 comments:

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

Praying for your mother! Indeed, asking why is not helpful. In many cases, we are probably not even capable of understanding why if we were to know.

Carla said...

Praying for your mom! Why is beyond us, WHO is always there. I feel 'why' turns to 'who'. God bless you all:).

Denise said...

Lifting your precious mom up in my prayers, love you so much.

Pia said...

thank you for praying. i know God heard our prayers. God bless you all.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

My God, first it was your dad, now it is your mom. I pray for the divine healing of both your dad and mom. That must be so tough on you, worrying about your parents. I stand in agreement with you in your prayers for the divine healing of both your dad and mom. By the stripes of Jesus they are both healed. Amen. Merry Christmas my dear friend. God bless you all always.

Bluebirdy said...

Oh dear. When I replied to your comment in an email, I asked how your parents are. Now I see how they are, and I'll be praying for you all. I did a silly thing, clicked on "see new interface" and now I can't get into my blog or even find the dashboard to my blog. I need to research help for that. Got a post made today but it messed up my access before I could post my Christmas message. haha the word correction here doesn't recognize the word "blog". lol. So sorry for all you are going through angel!

Beth Herring said...

"Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh; is there anything too hard for me?" (Jeremiah 32:27)

praying!!!

Pia said...

hi bro. it's tough. but God is greater. by Jesus' stripes, mom and dad are healed!

sheila, thank you for the help you sent. God bless you more!

hi beth. yes, nothing is too hard for the Lord. thank you for praying. God bless you!

David C Brown said...

"My grace suffices thee."

Ms. Kathleen said...

Keeping you all in prayer. Stress is never good so I'm praying for a Christmas Miracle... The peace and calm that surpasses all understanding. Yes, Lord, heal Pia's Parents. Amen!

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

I will pray for your mom's recovery, Pia!

xoxo
MrsMartinez

Blog Widget by LinkWithin