My Salon Adventure

Friday, August 26, 2011
I'm back at Fuda with Dad.  We arrived last night.  Got a nasty sore throat and fever two days before our flight.  Argh!!!  I hate antibiotics!

Anyway, God is soooo good.  The night before our flight, I got an email from the hospital informing me that Dad and I will share a room with another patient because the hospital was fully booked.  I must admit, I was quite disappointed with that because the last time we shared a room and I slept on a bunk bed, I had a back ache and got a bump on my right brow.  Anyhow, I said, "God, please do something about this and give us our own room.  But if You want us to share a room then Your will be done. Just please help me with my attitude."  When we got to the hospital, guess what? The nurse led us to our very own room!  The other patient opted to stay in a hotel, so we got the room all to ourselves.  Woot!  

Isn't God awesome?

This morning, I went out to my usual hang out place and, well, it's too quiet there already.  My new friends went back to their countries a week ago and I was actually there all alone.  Sigh... 

Anyway, I got a digital perm this afternoon from a nearby salon here at the hospital.  I was a bit worried though because the hair stylist spoke only two words of English and those were thank and you.  Yikes! But since my friend Elaine said that they were actually good, I tried my best to keep calm and let them do what they do best.

Here I am trying to get a good shot of myself while the stylist puts white, square sponge thingies in my hair

See, I can't get a straight shot of myself without the phone on my face.  

And, here's the my new hairdo...

My hair stylists - Jin Zhe, Wang Peng & Liu Jie of LFC Salon

Tomorrow, Dad will have his fifth chemo session. Unlike the previous sessions, he will be trying the local chemo treatment. Before doing the chemo, the doctors will do an ultrasound on him to check his current condition. Dad seems to be doing well. If it's any indication, he gained 6 pounds. =)



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GLAD FOR YOU YOU FEEL BETTER...AND YES GOD ALWAYS GIVES US SURPRISES..I CAN TELL YOU LOOK VERY CUTE ON THE PICTURE..GLAD FOR YOUR DAD HE IS DOING ALLRIGHT IN HIS CIRCUMSTANCES..CHEMOS I HEARD THEY ARE VERY EXHAUSTING..PRAYERS ARE ON YOUR WAY..TAKE CARE...SHALOM...SORAYA

france go said...

nicc perm, closer pix please, nakakatempt:)

Pia said...

thanks, soraya. i love good surprises. =)

no close up pix, france. the people there can't seem to hold their hand still to take a good shot.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Will wonders never cease in your life? The Lord answered your prayer that you get the hospital room all by yourself. And when you got to the hospital, you were ushered in to a room all by yourselves because the people you were to share your room with opted to stay in a hotel. Isn't that amazing? The Lord love you so much sis Pia and He is showing it by showering you with favors and blessings. You got a fantastic haircut from the salon near the hospital. You look younger and lovelier than before. Another of God's favor. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin