Blessings

Saturday, August 13, 2011
I got up this morning pretty late.  I was contemplating on whether to go meet my friend Stef who's going to introduce me to her client, who could very well be my client too in the future, OR go and see my OB-GYN.  Guess what? I ended up seeing  neither one of them.  I've been sooo lazy lately.  Have you noticed the date since I last posted?

Anyway, my day started very slow. I had to force myself to get up and hit the shower.  But it became quite exciting towards the end of the day.  

First, I was filled spiritually after receiving the Word of God at the service. This week's topic was about BLESSINGS. I'm so grateful that I serve a faithful God.  My prayer took a slight turn from talking to God about my heart's desires to telling Him to give me an undivided heart for Him.  I believe it's time for me to focus on Him (again), to seek the Blessor rather than the blessings. The blessings come naturally when we seek Him first. I really feel this is what God wanted me to do in this season of my life.  

Second, I met with some of my college friends at Burgoo.  This came about when Joann and her family came home from Russia, where they are currently based.  We haven't seen and talked for ages.  And I was so touched when she called me "twin" once again. We used to call each other that back in college.  

L-R: Melissa, me, Pam, Jen & Joann


"Take care also, Twin."

Third, I got to spend some time with another friend and prayer partner, Bette, before going home.  

I feel so blessed today.  I am looking forward to more of God's blessings in the days to come.  Thank you, Lord!



3 comments:

Raine said...

That was a nice, catching up with friends and reconnecting. You know, if you haven't mentioned the date entry, I wouldn't have noticed it all. Glad your dad is progressing well too. Wow, your new friend's art work just blows me away. When I was a kid, I used to dream of working for Disney too. Not animating tho since I can't get pass the stick figures and bahay kubo drawings but back then *gasped* acting since I was a huge fun of the The Wonderful World of Disney Movies. Gosh, so dating myself there. Hahaha. btw, I got Andrea Corr info from Dayly Enterntainment.

Slamdunk said...

Nice that you are building relationships--I never think that is time wasted.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Blessings come naturally to those whose hearts are rested upon the Lord. We must seek the Lord for who He is and not for the blessings alone. He already knows all our needs and He will give them to us who delight in Him. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin