Amazing Favor

Saturday, August 27, 2011
Dad's chemo went well.  He's on his second day of infusion today.  His face got a bit dry though, probably because of the chemo medicine. So, I applied some of my moisturizer on his face.  It worked!

I slept way too late last night, so I got up very late this morning, too. I've been having trouble sleeping lately. Anyway, I was awakened by Dr. Chen's voice talking to Dad.  He informed Dad that somebody with a good heart left a huge amount of money here at the hospital and instructed the president of the hospital to choose Filipino recipients to receive a free ¥15,000 ($2,348.70) worth of Combined Immunotherapy for Cancer (CIC) which normally costs ¥48,000 ($7,515.85).  Dad was chosen as one of the recipients. This CIC will help boost Dad's immune system to fight cancer even after the chemotherapy sessions are over. 

Isn't God totally amazing?  God has been showing us favors ever since we got here last Wednesday.  Praise God!!!

We met new friends.  They were referred here to Fuda by the same man who referred Dad here.  Small world.

Dad with Sarah and Edison

Amjd and Reema's mom gave me this. It's from their country and it is called Fatira. It is bread with white cheese.


They are leaving tomorrow morning, and will be back after two months.

Dad with Amjd (with his new do)

I continue to marvel at how amazing and faithful God is.  Thank you, Lord!



3 comments:

Rachel said...

God really moves in ways we don't readily understand, perceive, or expect. When i read that your dad was one of the recipients of that free CIC treatment, I was humbly reminded of the power of prayer.

Whenever I learn that someone's prayer has been answered, I can't help but say, "God, You are truly amazing. On behalf of my friend, I thank You for answering his/her prayer."

Pia, please allow me to join you and your family in thanking and praising God for this truly wonderful gift. =)

Beth Herring said...

Sweet Pia - still praying for your sweet dad! God is just SO amazing. I love how He works in our lives like He does!

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Yes, it's really amazing how God has showered you and your father with blessings. And there's no doubt that it was done by God's hands. I hope and pray that your father will continue to recover and there will be a time that he will be fully healed by God's grace. May the Lord's grace and blessings surround you in your sojourn there in China. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin