Thankful Thursday

Thursday, November 11, 2010

I'm currently an insurance advisor and training to be a financial advisor by next year.  One of the things this career taught me was to put my finances in order.  Not that I was naturally messed up in this aspect, it just so happen that a few years back, my husband and I were caught in a financial disarray due to health issues.  We accumulated quite a load of credit card and personal debts.

Now, I believe that for me to be an effective financial advisor, I have to clean up my yard first because who would believe me as an advisor when my own financial state is chaotic?  I think no one in his or her right mind would.

Today, I thank the Lord for putting me in a career where I won't just be helping myself, but helping others achieve financial freedom as well. Thank you, Lord, for teaching me how to be a good steward and most of all thank you for making it very clear that I am exactly where you wanted me to be.

All glory to God!


What are you thankful for this week?

For more Thankful Thursday, visit Laurie over at Women Taking a Stand.



2 comments:

Beth Herring said...

oh, wow. i can totally relate to this! i have recentley realized that I need to do some surgery on my finances!

Mel_Cole said...

God Bless you in your suited career. How I wish to be in order with my family's finances too.

My Thankful Thursday post here
I'm your newest follower.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin