TGIS Summer Getaway

Tuesday, May 18, 2010
My friends from church and I went to the province of Quezon for our 2010 outing last Saturday. God is so good!  I only spent $15 all in all for this outing.  Isn't that amazing?

 Our Group - TGIS

On our way to our destination in Tayabas Quezon, we got stuck on a traffic somewhere in Lucban Quezon because of the Pahiyas Festival.  It's a colorful feast celebrated every 15th of May by that town in honor of San Isidro Labrador. It's the farmers' thanksgiving for a bountiful harvest with a grand display of colorful rice wafers, fruits, vegetables, and handicrafts adorning every house in the town. (Source: WikiPilipinas)

One of the houses there

Papier mâché figures of a farmer and his wife

 

I had so many "firsts" on this trip. Witnessing the festival was one of them.

After five long hours on the road, we finally arrived at the Graceland Resort and Country Club at Tayabas Quezon at around 9:30 p.m.  We stayed at the tent site.  Another first for me.

 That's me in the blue tent drinking my milk early in the morning the following day.  lol

We went biking, boating and swimming!

Biking again after more than a decade.  =D

the water!!!


Hahaha!


We had lunch at one of my church mates' bamboo house in a nearby province.  
 
I know. I look tired and yes, hungry!!!  lol  The place is really nice, isn't it?

Later that afternoon, we attended service in Los Baños, Laguna before heading back to Manila.


Thank you, Lord, for the fellowship and the fun!  You are truly amazing!



6 comments:

Karen Chayne said...

wow sis! you really did enjoyed your summer outing together with your church friends. That's great! Take care and God bless

Slamdunk said...

Fun photos. It looks like a great time was had by all.

Amrita said...

So many adventurous activities. You guys had a super time

Denise said...

Wow, love the pictures. Looks like fun.

Debbie Petras said...

Pia, it looks like you had a great time! I'm so glad to see these photos. I must say that you are simply adorable girl!

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

You really had a grand time in Tayabas, Quezon and was fortunate enough to personally witness the famous Pahiyas festival of Sariaya, Quezon. God is so good with you as you received one blessing after another. Thanks for the post. God bless you all always.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin