Hong Kong Disneyland

Thursday, May 6, 2010
It wasn't a planned trip.  This was more like:
Sister:  Do you have plans over the weekend?

Me:  None. Why?

Sister:  Okay, pack your bags, we're going to Hong Kong on Saturday.

What???

You have to understand, in my family, 80% of our trips were impromptu.  I have to let you in a little secret here.  I hate packing.  That's why I have a little bag with all my toiletries in there so when something like this pops up out of nowhere, I'd just have to put that little bag in my luggage and put some clothes in and off I go.  When I was younger, I used to pack so much stuff when I travel.  Now, I travel light.

Day 1

We left Manila at around 8 a.m. I haven't had much sleep because of my two excited nephews.  I stayed over my sister's house for the night.  Shortly after our arrival to Hong Kong, we just had lunch at my cousin's house and off we went shopping.  Well, I just bought a new pair of leather boots.  My sister went shopping galore.   My legs hurt from walking for hours.  It was double tiring when you tag along a seven year old and a five year old boy with you. 

10 minutes before boarding

See, I looked harassed.  lol

Day 2

We just had breakfast and off we went to Disneyland. 

 On the bus to the MTR

Disney train at Sunny Bay


My Minnie Mouse ticket

 
At the Jungle River Cruise

With Tigger...  I

With Donald Duck... I

On board Orbitron... lol

Sharing... 

At Mickey's PhilharMagic

 Disney on Parade

I had a migraine towards the end of the day.  I'm sure it was the change of temperature.  It was so hot outside and when we went in for the rides, it was cold.  Then it was hot again, then cold again, then hot again, then cold again.  You know what happened next?  Yup, I threw up!  What a day.

Day 3

My sister still went out to buy a few more stuff to bring home.  The kids played the whole day.  I, on the other hand, slept until lunch time.  Our flight back to Manila was at 9:40 p.m.  Got home at around midnight.  

You know what I thank God for this unplanned trip?  I didn't spend a single cent, except for the boots.  I enjoyed all these for FREE!!!


What are you thankful for this week?

For more Thankful Thursday, visit Laurie over at Women Taking a Stand



18 comments:

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Oh how fun! I love impromptu trips. And to enjoy it for free is even better!

Rocks said...

wow!! that is something really to be grateful for :) would love to go to Hongkong Disneyland someday! hopefully September :)

LAURIE said...

Oh my Word! What a marvelous trip and free also? Now that is something to be thankful for!!! :)

Melissa said...

How fun, and what a blessing! Thanks for sharing your story and your pictures. I've visited Disney World in Florida, but no other Disney parks; it's fun to see what's the same and what's different. Mickey's PhilharMagic is one of my favorite attractions!

Michele said...

How fun, love the pictureS and for free, woohooo thats awesome!!

Melanie said...

I think impromptu trips are my very favorite... much more fun than planned.. no worry about getting things done before you leave... no worry about packing (you just throw things in 'cause you are in a hurry).. there's no time to worry and plan.. you just go and have fun!

Joshlin said...

What a great trip! And best of all you got to go with the ones you love. God is great!! Have a blessed week!

Denise said...

So glad you got to go on this trip, looks fun. I love the pictures.

Jerralea said...

I'm so glad you got to go ... and for free! Wonderful photos, I especially enjoyed your nephews sharing the corn on the cob!

Ladynred said...

Oh my I wish that someone would take me somewhere like that! I mean free travel.. Looks like you really had fun. It's something to be thankful for!

Nana Jul said...

How Awesome!! The Lord Lavishes his love on his children!! The pictures are great!
Julie

Nancie said...

Hi Pia,

Glad you have little surprises like this in your life :) Thank God for blessing you with the trip and spending precious moments with love ones. Love the pictures :)

Thank you for your visit and sweet prayers. You always touched my heart with your prayers! I pray that God will always keep you and your family in His love and provide for your every need. I look forward to see you too if you come to Singapore! Take care and have a blessed weekend. Thanks again for all your encouragements. You are so greatly appreciated.

Warm regards,
Nancie

Rita T. said...

Such fun! I'm so glad you got to go on this trip. Sorry you threw up, though. God is good.

Debra Kaye said...

Pia,

That is just awesome! God is so good. You and your nephews look like you are having a blast!
Blessings to you sweet friend.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

How can you be so blessed my friend? That was a veritable bonanza straight from heaven. Your sister was very sweet to include you in their trip to Hongkong and you did not spend a single cent on that trip. As they say, when it rains, it pours, lol. You are always in my prayer my friend and I know that somehow, someway, your heart's desire will be granted by the Lord. Thanks for the very happy post. God bless you always.

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

Hey P!
Love the pictures of you and your nephews. Swerte you didn't spend a single cent, it pays to have a dear sister lol
xoxo

Amrita said...

This is such fun I wish I was there too

zoomyummy said...

What lovely pictures. That must have been so much fun. Thank you for sharing. Have a wonderful weekend. :) Petra

Blog Widget by LinkWithin