Thankful Thursday

Thursday, January 7, 2010

This week I thank the Lord for:
  • His unconditional love He continues to show me.
  • His shield of protection over me.
  • Friends who continue to lift me up in prayer.
  • His Word that guides me.
  • His faithfulness.
When a person hurls negative, degrading and profane words at you, I'm sure you too will be thankful for these, knowing in your heart that ---
"No weapon turned against you will succeed. You will silence every voice raised up to accuse you. These benefits are enjoyed by the servants of the LORD; your vindication will come from me. I, the LORD, have spoken!" Isaiah 54:17 (NLT)
And God's promise that ---
"It is mine to avenge; I will repay. In due time their foot will slip; their day of disaster is near and their doom rushes upon them." Deuteronomy 32:35 (NIV)
Not my words, but HIS.


What are you thankful for this week?

For more Thankful Thursday, visit Lynn over at Spiritually Unequal Marriage.


13 comments:

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Yes, revenge is with the Lord and it is not within our right to avenge a wrong done to us. If we do, then we are just as guilty as the person who wronged us and we can no longer avail of the Lord's divine justice for us. Proverbs 19:11 says, "A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense." Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

jo.attalife said...

Amen! Your list shows a lot to be thankful for, and what's more, all those things are ours forever in the Lord, not just this week!

i said...

Blessed New Year to you, Pia! I'm thankful for all the items on your list too!

Amrita said...

Isa. 54 ;17 gives me such confidence and strength. Glory be to God

Debbie said...

AMEN to your wonderful list. Have a wonderful New Year in Him. Blessings, Debbie

Slamdunk said...

Thanks for posting Isaiah 54:17--always a good reminder.

I am thankful for a loving and patient family.

Laurie Ann said...

Happy Thankful Thursday and Happy New Year. Great list!

Michele Williams said...

Great thankful list, I'm thankful for those things as well. Thank you for your encouraging words and prayers. God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Yes, revenge is truly the LORD's. He will...yes, WILL handle things in His perfect way and He will take care of the one offended. In times of trouble, stress, weariness, God reminds me of Who He is, what He does, and what He says in His Word. Spending time in His Word teaches us these things about our God. I pray my ears are open for His still, small voice or His mighty voice and will hear Him.
How thankful I am that He loves us and protects us.
I love You, Pia, ~ linda

Unknown said...

Hi Pia,

Girl just a powerful POWERFUL post.... I want these scriptures to be real in my life.

Awesome way to start the new year. Happy TT and 2010. See you next week. Love you a ton, Lynn

Carla said...

These are powerful promises!

debi9kids said...

Pia..Thank you! You do not know how badly I needed to see these words today. The Lord sent you to my blog so that i would come to yours. Thank you & blessings.

Rita T. said...

Right on! Have a wonderful weekend!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin