Looking Back

Monday, December 28, 2009
Christmas is over and in just a few days, so is 2009.

2009 was a great year for me, better than 2008 I should say. It was a year of supernatural blessings and favors from the Lord.

When people around me kept grumbling on how bad the economy was, honestly, I didn't feel the pressure. God has provided for me supernaturally. I am in awe of how great and mighty God is.

When so many people are accumulating debts just to make both ends meet, God has been so good to have allowed me to pay up more than half of mine. He even allowed and provided for my travel. I was able to purchase stuff I didn't even imagine I could two years ago. I am simply amazed by His goodness. He kept me under His wings.

Truly, I am greatly blessed, highly favored and deeply loved by our Almighty God. In the past, this was just a fact that I know is true; but now, it is a fact that I've experienced and could attest is true.

During Christmas dinner with my sister at her house


2009 was also a year of transformation for me. A summary of what I've gone through in the past years ---

2007
was the year I was broken to tiny pieces. I have redefined pain in ways beyond description.

2008
was the year I was molded by God. I was like being marinated. I struggled. It was agonizing, but I also learned to submit to His will. This was the time I learned to let go and let God in its true sense. By doing so, I got to know Jesus in a whole new way.

Finally, 2009 was the year God transformed me into somebody even I, myself, could hardly recognize. I saw changes in me though I am still a work in progress. God is not done with me yet. But thank God I am no longer where I used to be. I don't even want to ever go back to how I used to be.

This coming 2010, I am full of hope that it will be much better than 2009. I'm believing God for more breakthroughs, favors and blessings. I'm believing God for answered prayers. I'm bolder in asking God what I want because I know He is able. I'm also believing that this coming year is a year of completion and perfection. And I claim this promise ---

"Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in us will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6
Let's all continue to have an attitude of gratitude. Our God is bigger than any mountain we face.


HAVE A BLESSED AND PROSPEROUS
NEW YEAR!!!





10 comments:

Beth Herring said...

Praying that 2010 will continue to find Him faithful and you blessed.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Very positive outlook for 2010. I hope you will get all of your secret wishes for 2010. I am so glad that you considered 2009 as a breakthrough year for you and that God has provided you supernatural miracles which made you even closer to Him and that you were transformed into a better person because of them. That is simply wonderful and we praise God for the wonderful things He has done to your life. Thanks for the feel good post. God bless you always.

Pia said...

beth: thank you. i wish that for all my blogger friends too.

mel: i am hopeful. i believe God will come through for me. and i believe that too for all of us, His children.

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

Hello Pia! Happy New Year to you and your family! May your new year be bright and good health & prosperity be with you! xoxo

Amrita said...

A great testimony of what God has done in your life Pia.

May you go on to higher ground.

LOts of love

jel said...

happy new year

Renee said...

What a wonderful testimony of God working in your life. Of God's faithfulness and love you His children. May 2010 be a year overflowing with God's blessings! He is a miracle making, mountain moving GOD after all~!!!!

Belizegial said...

Pia, I'm glad to know that 2009 was a good year for you. For me, it was comforting to know that you were out there praying for me. I know your prayers have helped in getting others like myself through the past year. Please continue to pray for my family and myself in 2010 as our country is going through some difficult times right now.

The best of love, laughter and life to you during this brand New Year!

Debbie Petras said...

I am so glad to read how you've grown through difficult circumstances. I love that 2010 is your year of hope. We can have hope because of our relationship with Jesus. I will be praying for you, my friend. All things are possible with God.

Hugs to you,
Debbie

Mrs. Guthrie said...

Isnt' it awesome to see how God changes us? Growth is never fun, but it is always worth it! Thanks for the great reminder and encouragement to keep the right attitude and perspective!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin