One Bizarre Dream

Tuesday, November 24, 2009
I was awaken by a bizarre dream early Sunday morning. It was about a girl who wasn't even a friend. Though we know each other, talked on the phone a few times, we're not really friends. To give you a little background, she did something to me a few months back that irked me. She was like Pilate, washed her hands and turned her back. She said she doesn't want to "get involved". She calls herself a Christian but wouldn't stand for what she knows is right. She'd rather be on the "safe" side.

Anyway, in my dream, we were friendly to each other. When I woke up around three or four in the morning, I felt so weird. I was like --- Duh?! Where did that come from? Why?

I said, "God, do you want me to pray for her? Is she in trouble? If so, what would you want me to pray for her about?"

I kept silent for a few minutes then I felt in my spirit and saw the word WORK.


I said, "Work?"


I wasn't sure if I was just making that up, but then why would I? Did I really feel in my spirit to pray for her about work? I wasn't sure but I did pray for her. Now you're probably asking did I really feel like praying for her? Honestly? Heck no! I even thought why on earth would I pray for her after what she did?! Serves her right! You know that's my flesh talking, right? But I felt God wanted me to pray, so I did. I obeyed. Talk about killing the flesh.

Later that afternoon during the service, I was sitting in front, near the stage, ready to listen to what our pastor had to say. The topic he was about to discuss with us was flashed on the projector screen. In big, bold letters spelled the word WORK.


Coincidence? I believe that was a confirmation.


3 comments:

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Work means to go through our Christian life and ministry even though there are hindrances along the way. Yes, I understand that it is so humanly difficult to pray for somebody who has just hurt you. But being hurt means we are still attached to our fleshly self. That is the reason why Jesus admonished us to pray for our enemies so that we can transcend our human limitations and turn over our cares and burdens to God. God works more effectively in us when we are weakest and most vulnerable because we can only hold on to His strength and not to our own self sufficiency. Thanks for the inspiring post. God bless you always.

Pia said...

by God's grace, it may be hard but doable. the important thing is that we OBEY even if we don't understand or feel like it. God will work it out for us.

Denise said...

So inspiring sweetie, love you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin