True Friends Are Gifts From God

Monday, June 2, 2008
I was on my way to work this morning when I got a call from my very good friend, Corry, who has been like a second mom to me. She asked me if I was okay. I was kinda lost for a while and then she said she read or heard a news that the Philippines was hit by a strong earthquake. I was surprised because I didn't hear that from the news and I didn't find that in the newspapers either. Hmm... I'm quite sure I didn't feel anything. In other words, I didn't know there was an earthquake here had I not received a call from Corry and checked it on the internet. Thank God there were no casualties. Later on, I've read that it measured 6.8 on the Richter scale. It rocked the northern part of the Philippines and the southern part of Taiwan. Lord, thank you for sparing us.

Another dear blogger friend of mine,
Enid, emailed me weeks ago also asking if I was okay because she heard that China was struck by a strong earthquake too and she thought I was from there. Thank God I wasn't.

I feel truly blessed to have friends (even those I haven't personally met yet) who cared sincerely. God bless their good hearts. Thank you for your concern and prayers.


(((HUGS)))


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, friends are like glittering stars in the darkness of the night. They illuminate our way towards the dawn of deliverance. Thanks for the post. God bless you and your loved ones always my friend.

Anonymous said...

Glad to know you are ok. Yes, friends are a blessing!

P/s: Sorry to hear you didn't take in the pup. Dogs are a joy to have, plus all the frustrations too :-) You are right not to take it if you didn't feel you have the time for it.

Anonymous said...

friends cheer us up when we are down, Happy when we are happy, sad when we are sad. If it's the other way, I tell you..Beware..

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I love your blog, color green shade is neat.

Anonymous said...

mel: that's a really poetic way of saying it. =)

serendipity: i love to have the pup but really, i can't see how i can juggle work and care for the pup at the same time. =(

ester: oh yeah...

metroplismom: glad you like it. =)

Anonymous said...

Awww that was sweet. I know you would have done the same. :-)

Thanks for being our friend. God has blessed us to cross paths. May He bless you abundantly in every aspect of your life.

Oh, and one day we will meet! :-D

(((HUGS)))
luvs ya,

God's Grace.

Anonymous said...

You have some amazing friends. It's wonderful to know people care about us, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Good friends are such a special blessing from God! So glad you were unharmed.

Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for the faithful friends I have in life. It's not the numbers that matter but the quality of friendships.

Anonymous said...

I heard about the quake, too, and prayed you were alright. So glad to know God's protection was over you.

love,
V.

Anonymous said...

corry: i would for sure. problem is i'm so outdated with news around the world. haha!

livin with me: i do and i feel so blessed. true friends are gifts from God. blessings...

melanie: i agree. thanks. God bless.

my bug life: yup. that's right. God bless.

vicki: thanks so much for your prayers. God bless!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin