Typhoon Frank

Tuesday, June 24, 2008
I woke up at 4 a.m. last Sunday because of the noise the glass sliding door on the left side of our bed was making. The wind was whistling from the small gap of our window which I left open from the night before. I didn't watch the news so I didn't have any idea what's going on, but from the sound of the wind and rain pouring, I knew there's a typhoon. After an hour, the lights went off.

Great.

I wanted to watch TV and see what's on the news, but there's no electricity. At around 7 a.m. I got a call from my mom. She told me that there's a typhoon. I was right! Three hours later I realized we have an emergency socket in our unit.

Duh!?!

I plugged in and turned on the TV, flipped the channels and... no news, just cartoons. Sheesh! Finally, there was a news flash. "Public Storm Signal No. 3 (100-185 kph winds) remains hoisted in Metro Manila and in the following areas..."

Hmm... I remembered the last time I saw how storm signal number 3 was like. From our window I saw roofs flying all over the place and my mom told us to stay inside the bedroom. I was nine years old.

Please say a prayer for the family and survivors of the ill-fated M/V Princess of the Stars, a passenger-cargo vessel, that claimed lives. 20 are confirmed dead, 57 survivors and 787 remained missing.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The ferry tradegy is terrible.
May the Lord keep you safe.

Anonymous said...

I've never been through a typhoon/hurricane but I am sure it is a lot like our tornadoes, only... bigger, and longer lasting. I know how frightening tornadoes are!

I have been, and will continue to be, in prayer for everyone on that sunken ferry. I just really can't imagine that, and really I know that they are just in God's hands now.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin