Thankful Thursday

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thank God a friendship was saved last night!

I was under a lot of or should I say severe stress because of people as well as events that happened since two weeks ago. I was almost always agitated. I was furious of what I thought was being done to me by a friend that thank God our paths didn't cross because I would have probably done something injurious to her. Worst was I had already made up my mind to send an email to someone whom I later found out would cause the whole issue to blow up on my friend's face. Without me knowing, my friend was earnestly praying about our situation. I was too. For some reason, my mind went blank in front of my computer and couldn't collect my thoughts. I believe that was God who stopped me from sending that email.

A common friend bridged our gap until I agreed to talk to her last night. It went well. Issues were cleared. There were some serious miscommunication that lead one thing to another. We forgave each other and prayed together. Our friendship was saved.

Satan almost succeeded in ruining our friendship because of his lies. But God proved once again that Satan has long been defeated and victory is ours through Jesus Christ.

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God that your friendship is saved, and that you forgave each other!

Anonymous said...

Oh what a wonderful thing to be thankful for! Friendship! It is so easy for things to get turned around and into something ugly. Thank God you settled things. Great Thankful Thursday post! God Bless~

Anonymous said...

I am so glad God was able to help you both so things were settled. Friendships are so precious!

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing you reconciled with your friend. Miscommunications do often happen in any relationship. We must not act rashly and precipitously to avoid injuring our long established friendship. It takes years and years to build a friendship but only a moment of indiscretion to ruin it. Thanks for the post. God bless you and your loved ones always.

Anonymous said...

So thankful you two could resolve things in the end. Miscommunication and hurt feelings has really damaged my relationship with one particular sister who refuses to hear the truth, though. I keep praying (sigh).

Rejoicing with you over this friendship! God is good.

hugs,
Vicki

Anonymous said...

Praise God for His goodness.

Anonymous said...

Blessed Leap Day, Pia =)

Anonymous said...

wow, I wish my friendship with someone would lead to this kind of happy ending as I am on the same situation right now. It is sometimes hard to look at the bright side if something inside you is burning to say or do something that is not supposed to. I'll cross my fingers for now and leave everything to God

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome that you friendship was saved :) - I know that sometimes miscommunication is the culprit and I am glad that you were able to reconcile.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this past week.

Blessings to you and yours.

Anonymous said...

God is so good and friendships are so precious. What a grateful heart you have! God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Yup, the enemy would love to not only steal your joy and make you sin before God, but to rob Him of any glory as well.

Bless God, He intervened to bring peace.

Anonymous said...

PTL
The Lord knows our frame and won 't let us go beyond what we can endure. Praise God the situation was cleared up.this has happened to me too.

Anonymous said...

Victory! Glad that your friendship was saved.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin