A Love Letter To Jesus

Friday, February 15, 2008
(I made this letter my own by signing my name in the end. Antedated from Rejoice Ministries.)

Dear Jesus,

As Valentine's Day fast approaches, I think about how sad I am that I will not be sharing it with my beloved. There will be no flowers, no candy, no card. There will be no romantic dinner or endearing talk. There will be no hand-in-hand walks or loving kisses. And this hurts my heart.

But then I call on Your Name and nothing is the same. I crawl up into Your loving arms and feel my heart begins to heal and my soul begins to soar. I feel You pour out Your grace on me. I am warmed by Your Words and strengthened by Your promises. I am touched and changed and made whole again. The heart that was broken and cast aside becomes a heart filled with Your love; a heart that shines with Your light; a heart that is filled to overflowing.

How can I ever repay Your goodness to me? When I was stumbling in the dark, trying to find my way, You sent a light to my path. When I was angry and bitter, You cleansed my soul. When I felt that I could never forgive, You forgave me. When I took a detour road, You gently lead me back. When I fell in my stand, You lifted me up and told me to lean on You. And when I could not take another step, You gently carried me until I was strong enough once again to walk on my own. Oh, how I love You.

Jesus, You have been the best spouse to me. When I was afraid of what my future held, You told me, "You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you, O Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow and the LORD will be with you." (2 Chronicles 20:17) When I was worried about how I was going to live, You said, "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food and the body more important than clothes? But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." (Matthew 6:25,33-34)

When I was feeling discouraged and worthless, You told me, "Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." (Luke 12:6-7) When I was facing a difficult circumstance that I didn't think I could face You said, "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze." (Isaiah 43:2) When I wanted to give up You told me, "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." (Galatians 6:9)

And, Jesus, remember that time when I said that I could never forgive what had been done to me? That's when you gave me Mark 11:25. "And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins." And the time when I said it was impossible and You told me in Luke 1:37, "For nothing is impossible with God." Or how about that time when I said his heart is just too hard? That's when You told me, "I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh." (Ezekiel 11:19)

Jesus, thank You for being my Wonderful Counselor and Great Physician. Thank You for not giving up on me or on my spouse. Thank You for leaving the ninety-nine to go after Your lost sheep. Thank You for helping me to see my spouse as You do, a child of the King. I am grateful for Your hand in my life and I rejoice in Your present protection and future guidance. I am thankful for Your provision and the hope that You give me.

Oh, and one more thing, Jesus. Thank You for helping me to love again. As You told us in 1 John 4:19, "We love because he first loved us." Thank You for loving me.


Your servant,

Pia


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless your heart Pia.Jesus has heard your prayer.His heart is tender towards you.

My younger sister namrita has been through a very difficult time in her marriage and the lord saved it thru a hair-breath.You are my sister in Christ and my heart goes out to you.

may the lord lead you as you start work in a new place.
Lots of love Amrita

Anonymous said...

Dear Pia,

This is so beautiful! He is always there to help us, all we have to do is to turn to Him, as you have done.

Happy Valentine's Day, dear Pia!

Love and Blessings,

Renie

Anonymous said...

Pia, God does hear your hearts cry and he is the most loving spouse. I continue to pray for you. God Bless You!

Anonymous said...

Dear Pia, I am sure this beautiful love letter that you wrote to Jesus has put a smile on HIS face. Yes Jesus is the lover of our soul, and He will never leave us nor forsake us.

God loves you. Jesus loves you. I love you sis!

(((HUGSSS)))

Anonymous said...

Pia,

This is just an awesome letter. I am so glad I stopped in here today. Thank you so very much!!

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful Pia *hugs*

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful.

(((HUGS))) love ya, girl!

God's Grace.

Anonymous said...

This heartfelt letter is extremely beautiful!

God bless you.

Anonymous said...

I'm such a new follower of you blog, Pia, I'm not sure what's going on in your life that's causing you so much pain. But this letter to Jesus is beautiful.

You're in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

hope ya had a great heart day!

sorry i'm later getting around,just getting over the flu,


huggs

Anonymous said...

hi Pia, i hope you've had a good week and will have a good one coming up. hugs.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pia,
Yes the greatest love we could ever have on Valentines Day and all the days of the year is Jesus Christ. He will never leave us nor forsake us. He will hold on to us even during the times when we are wavering. He is always faithful and true and will stand by us to the very end. Nice choice for your Valentines date. You could never go wrong with that. Thanks for the meaningful post. God bless you and your family always.

Anonymous said...

Splendid!
It's so beautiful.
(((HUGS))) Lieve Zus.

Happy Valentine's Day, dearest Pia =)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin