Thankful Thursday

Thursday, February 14, 2008

I thank God:
  • For my boss. Last Monday, I started teaching my new student. Her name is Karel and she's 22 years old. She's really smart, talented and very compassionate, but she has special needs because of a traumatic childhood. I teach her in the morning and I proceed to my regular job in the afternoon. I worked out that schedule with my boss and glad he said yes. That means additional income for me.
  • That our move to our new office is done. Glad that we're settled finally.
  • For the new hope He's given me. I was so frustrated last week that I had an emotional outburst. Although nothing has really changed when I look at things with my natural eyes, somehow He's trying to get the message across that He's doing something behind the scene.
  • For His patience with me and for His forgiveness on my outburst.
  • For my friends both here and abroad who never gave up on me, on us, when I almost felt like giving up (again). They kept reminding me how our God is bigger than any mountains I'm facing now. That He can and will turn things around for us at the right time.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pia,
Yes, there's so much to be thankful for. We just have to focus on the positive things and just entrust all the bad things happening in our lives to our merciful God who will change them for the joy and peace in our hearts. We are all still praying for you my sister until your ardent wish is granted. Happy Valentines Day to you and your loved ones. I know it's hard for you during Valentines day but can you make Jesus as your Valentines date. I'm sure you will enjoy it. God bless you and your family. Smile always.

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day Pia,

Oh, I'm so blessed to read about that "new hope" you've been given!

Isn't God wonderful.

Be blessed today.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pia thanks for sharing your TT list. May God bless you and your family. Happy Valentines Day.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you . . . Happy Valentine's Day

Anonymous said...

That is neat to hear that you know God is doing something behind the scenes in your life, even though you don't see it. I have to keep believing that, too.

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you're feeling better Pia. God really does care about you.

Anonymous said...

You are right, Pia. Sometimes the mountains we face are huge - I know I have been there quite often myself (struggling a little right now too)...But with Him leading us, we can climb any mountains.

So cool that your boss is working with you on a special schedule so you can work with this young lady.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this past week.

Blessings to you and yours...

Anonymous said...

Lean on Him.
He is listening...

Would you like to join Facebook?
It's very interactive and fun.
HeHe.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin