A Word From The Master

Thursday, December 27, 2007
Hi everyone! Hope you all had a Merry Christmas.

It's back to work for me. I don't really mind. I know there are a lot of things for me to look forward to. The past few days, I spent time with God at home reading His word and meditating on it. I spent my time praying and fasting. God did answer some of my questions and revealed to me an important truth that I needed to pray for.

I called up a friend, Baebs, which I usually do every now and then. She enthusiastically told me that God has spoken to her again about what she has been praying for (that's us) during her quiet time. She quoted a verse in the Bible.
"Therefore say to them, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: None of my words will be delayed any longer; whatever I say will be fulfilled, declares the Sovereign LORD.' " Ezekiel 12:28
I was so excited to get a word from God again. And also, for the past days, these words have been like a broken record, beaming in my life's "TV screen," -- DON'T GIVE UP NOW!

God has also shown me that I have this unforgiveness still in my heart and Baebs told me to release it to God. I needed to forgive the one person who I love the most in this earth, the man God gave me to spend the rest of my life with. I graciously obeyed my Master. I remembered one preaching in church that even if I didn't feel like it, even if my mind says so otherwise, even if my feelings are rebelling, I need to obey what God says because that is His will for me. And God promised to redeem me. He who promised is faithful.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is faithful

and when we forgive -even simply as a n act of will -he helps our heart catch up ... but it isn't easy Pia and my prayer is that He'll carry you and continue to speak His word to you - to sustain you, encourage you and love you back to life!

Anonymous said...

This is something that takes most people years and years to learn. Forgiveness is not horizontal between two people, but is vertical between God and the wronged person. Once we learn to give it to God, to rest in Him and trust Him to take care of it all, we have the tough part done. It is all about obedience and nothing about vengence. He is faithful and will always take over when we allow Him to.

Love you dear,
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

lorna: i agree. that's exactly what i was told. even if i don't feel like forgiving a person, i have to decide to forgive him. then God will help my heart catch up. so true.

by the way, sorry for the ads. i need the money to pay for my bills and so far these are helping me a great deal. eventually, i will transfer these ad posts to another page. i'm trying to figure that out now.

gina: amen! happy new year to you too. (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

Pia, I hope you had a very merry Christmas!

The word your friend had for you sounds exciting. So many of the things God shows us take time to come to pass. But God's timing is always perfect. Best wishes to you for this coming New Year.

BTW – do you have a shoutlife.com account? It’s awesome! You can find me here:
http://www.shoutlife.com/davidmeigs

God bless you, my friend!


David
___________________
www.DavidMeigs.com

Anonymous said...

Pia, forgiveness is key. It's hard, but when we choose to forgive, we can trust the Lord to work through our emotions and change them over time. Lorna is right. God bless you, my sister-friend. You've been through hard times. Let your Savior continue to carry you.

love,
Vicki

Blog Widget by LinkWithin