He Did Provide!

Monday, December 10, 2007
My weekend turned out to be a living nightmare. I completely lost my focus. Twice I walked out of a gathering on two separate occasions when it should have been two of the most joyous events this year. I was completely disoriented seeing all the mountains of problems flashed right before my eyes. I went home so discouraged and cried most of the night. I was telling God how frustrated I was.

I was tired of my situation and anxious about one of my bills due for payment the following day. I still didn't have the funds to pay for it. God said I'm not going to borrow money from anyone! I was short from kicking and screaming and was reciting over and over again, "But God, you promised!!!"
"The LORD will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands. You will lend to many nations but will borrow from none." Deuteronomy 28:12
I woke up at around three in the morning and I was able to read a text message from Rosemar, one of my officemates, who said that they just got back from Baguio. I was supposed to be with them on that trip but begged off the last minute because I said I needed to attend those two events which I eventually walked out from. After five minutes I got another text message from her which said our boss already gave them the 50% income we earned from our client from Baguio which will be divided among us five and that she will give my share later.

Wow! Hours ago I didn't even have the slightest idea where to get the money to pay for that bill and suddenly God provided! Just in time! And there's more. I received more than double the amount I was expecting to get. Our messenger just stepped out of our room to pay my bill. *grin*

God was true to His promise that He will provide for me financially and that I wouldn't borrow from anyone. His provision came just in time. I'm holding on to another promise He gave me. I guess for some of you who had been with me in my life's journey would know what that promise is. I wonder what God would do next.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Focus is the Word Pia. I have been dwelling on Hebrews 12:2 "Looking away [from all that will distract] to Jesus,"- Amplified Bible.

Keep pressing on into the sure and unbreakable promises of God that awaits you.

And you will surely get there, just as Jesus got there & is seated at the right hand of God in glory.

Anonymous said...

I'm still praying for you and Jec...

Anonymous said...

akinola: thank you for the words of encouragement. i needed to hear that.

audrey: thank you,lieve zus.

Anonymous said...

Amen! as i read your story, i had tears in my eyes. I just felt like crying because God has been so TRUE in your life. It touches my heart.

Pia, thanks for sharing with us. You have been an inspiration to me. I am like you too (but you are much stronger than me), been in financial problems but God hv been with me all these time and He provides. I understood how u felt when bills are piling up and running out of ideas to get money for these bills. I've been in that situation too.

God has bring both of us to meet so that we could encourage one another. I thank God for you, pia! Let us continue to praise God for His marvelous works and continue to stay strong through the storms! :)

Anonymous said...

jean, i thank God for people like you. no, i'm not a bit stronger than anyone else. it's God who makes us strong. many times in my life i could have probably gone crazy but God stood His ground. He pulled me up just in time before i slipped completely. yeah, i thank God for His blessings and i'm still waiting for the manifestation of victory in my life for the thing i'm asking God for.

Anonymous said...

Great testimony for the faithfulness of God

Anonymous said...

GOD is so faithful, and He is able to do exceeding abundantly ABOVE all that we ASK or THINK according to the power that works in US. i'm encouraged by your testimony here Pia! thanx for sharing!

Anonymous said...

amrita: yes, indeed. hope to have more to share to and encourage others.

sylvia: He is faithful! waiting for more breakthroughs to come.

Anonymous said...

God is rarely early but He's never late.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin