12 Days Of Christmas Eve

Tuesday, December 18, 2007
I was watching TV the other night, but nothing in particular though. I stopped at the Hallmark channel and it was then showing the movie 12 Days of Christmas Eve starring Steven Weber and Molly Shannon. I'm not sure if you're familiar with the movie but I did learn something from this in the end.

There was a line there that goes, "It's not the destination, Calvin (played by Weber), it's the journey. God is into details." When I heard that, it just made me stop and think. God already gave me His promises about the concerns I have in life. That's my destination and whatever God said is considered done. God is never a liar. His promises to you and me will ALL come to pass. Now the journey to get to my destination is up to me. I can either trust God or be miserable until I get there, the choice is mine. In the movie, this was where Calvin failed again and again until he finally got the point.

Lastly, in the movie where Calvin finally gave in to doing what is "right", it turned out that he gained even more blessings than he had actually expected.

Reminded me of a verse in Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."

Sometimes I try to do things MY way and when I fail, I blame God. But now that I know better and that is doing what God says is right, I'm excited to see the realization of the very thing I'm asking God for. And you know what, I'm not alone in this journey. I have God and my friends who are praying and awaiting too for that victory to come.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Pia, this is a beautiful reminder to myself also. sometimes i feel like i'm swimming so hard to stay on top, but i know God won't let me sink. i'm awaiting my victory as are you. we'll continue to pray for one another. i love the hallmark movies. i've never seen that one though. thanx for sharing. have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes God speaks to through ways we don't expect, huh? Like a movie!! I am excited to see God bring about the things you/we are asking for too!!

Anonymous said...

Love you, lil' sis. Sending hugs and prayers....always.

Merry Christmas, too.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post, Pia. And that victory will come! Merry Christmas.

Blessings and love,

Renie

Anonymous said...

I haven't been around much and trying to catch up with my blogger friends.
God does work in mysterious ways.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Pia

Wishing you and your loved ones a Very Blessed Christmas =)

(((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

hi Pia, i want to wish you and your family a safe and blessed holiday season. HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

hugs & blessings,
sylvia

Anonymous said...

A very excellent attitude to take.

Pondering your post...
I've realized that some dreams are meant to die on the vine. Will we allow that without a fight if God decrees it? Now that I look back, I thank God for unanswered prayers.

I've been out for a while, so busy with family and Christmas thingies. God bless you, Pia.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a blessed Christmas and a victorious New Year!

Anonymous said...

Warm Christmas greetings to you & your husband & a most amazing 2008.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin