Thank You for the Blessings

Sunday, September 16, 2012
I'm very happy that Mom spent two nights in my house this week.  We went to watch a movie last Saturday and ate out.  We also did the grocery shopping together.  Early this morning, before leaving, she cooked for me again.  I thank God for Mom.  I'm really excited for Mom's new condo unit.  Construction is starting on October 1.  Hopefully it'll be ready for Mom to move in before Christmas.

Last Tuesday, I attended another award's ceremony.  I thank God for this award I got for the second consecutive year.  Here are some photos from the event.

The Philippine Star
Cross Pens for second year Macaulay qualifiers

 Me!  Thank you, Lord!

 Red Spruce

Red Spruce

On a different note, I think grief over Dad's passing is catching up with me now. There are nights when I would just cry because I miss Dad very much.  When I hear songs that I know Dad really liked, the water works will just start automatically.  I know Dad is with Jesus now, but I just miss him very much.  Next month I would be celebrating my birthday for the first time without Dad.  Sigh...


6 comments:

Corry said...

Congrats on your award! We are so proud of and for you. :-)

We are so sorry about your dad, but hold on to the knowledge that you will see him again and will be reunited forever.

(((HUGS)))
God's Grace.

Denise said...

Woo Hoo, so very proud of you. Congrats. Happy that were able to spend time with your mom. Asking God to help you through your griefing process. I love you.

Joyful said...

I'm so glad you had a nice visit with your mom. I used to enjoy visits with my mom when she would come to stay for a week or so. Now she cannot travel. Congratulations on your award. That is a nice achievement. Grief can take awhile to hit us at time. I'm sorry for your loss and I pray you will be able to enjoy your birthday with happy memories of your dad. Blessings.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi sis Pia,
I praise the Lord that blessings have been pouring on your lap and you and your mom are getting along very well. I commiserate with you that you miss your dad so much. You have both been in so many experiences together especially when he was treated in China. If it's any consolation, you will soon see him when we are fetched by the Lord. Thanks for the post. God bless you always my dear friend.

momto8 said...

congrats on your award. bet your dad would have been proud.

Bluebirdy said...

Congratuluations Pia! There's a study that has shown that people who have lupus or fibromyalgia are perfectionist, ambitious, drive themselves hard, type A personalities. That seems to apply to you too. Your recent stresses could be the reason your lupus came out of hiding. Having this personality type makes it harder than for others to accept that we can't function at 100% efficiency. I am still praying that this lupus will go back into hiding, and if it doesn't, that the Lord will teach and guide and comfort you through whatever happens. His will be done.
Love and prayers,
Sheila

Blog Widget by LinkWithin