I Wish...

Sunday, September 2, 2012
I feel really sad right now.

Mom left yesterday to go back to our house in Quezon City.  She came back this morning to get all her remaining stuff.  I felt really bad that she had to go, but this has to be done for many reasons.

Mom stayed with me since Dad passed away  four months ago. I didn't have issues with that.  Problems started arising when I couldn't get a decent sleep anymore because I felt uncomfortable with our set up.  I started having bad case of migraine, rashes on my arms and face then worse was when my blood pressure sky rocketed to 147/98.  My condo unit is not big.  In fact a friend once commented that it's too small that it looked like a pigeon hole.  Mom had to have a helper to assist her in everything and the helper lived with me too.  I strongly felt the need to have some space and some peace and quiet.  I did a lot of things to try to ease what I've been feeling like I checked in to a hotel for two nights to get some decent sleep and even slept on the floor at home to make it feel like I had my own space.

I love my mom dearly.  She told me that all she wanted was to take care of me.  She even said that she wanted me to live with her in her new condo my brother bought for her.  That really broke my heart.  I cried and cried and cried.  It's not that I don't want my mom here in my house, but my place is too small that I could hardly breathe.  I have my reasons why I needed to stay here for now.

Anyway, Mom had to go back to her and Dad's house until the construction for the new condo unit is done.  But I told Mom to stay with me sometimes like on weekends.  I can then have the space I needed and still have each other.

Before Mom left a while back after getting her stuff,  I hugged her and said that please do come back on weekends.  I also said that I love her.  When I saw tears coming down her cheeks, that broke my heart to thousand pieces.

Mom after our lunch yesterday at Midas Hotel

My nephews and my brother who came home from Singapore

I really feel bad right now.  I wish this will just go away.  I wish...



5 comments:

Denise said...

Sweety, bless your precious heart. I wish I could give you a great big hug. Asking God to comfort you, and give you sweet peace about all of this.

Unknown said...

Praying for peace and strength for you and your gentle heart.

Don't do anything rash, you are still in so much pain. Both of you.

Angela said...

Doing the right thing is not easy nor pain free! What you did is `healthy`for both of you and everyone else concerned. Praise be to God for providing for your brother to have this condo for your mom. Praise be to God for the times He will have you and your mom together, time of fellowship, peace,comfort and joy. You two together would be leaning on each other more than you leaning on the Lord..and allowing Him to work in and through both of you during this time of healing and sorrow...Love ya girl and praying our precious Father God wraps His loving arms around you, lifting you up and bringing peace that transcends all understanding to guard your heart and mind..((hugs))

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi sis Pia,
I commiserate with your problem. I know how much you love your mom for she is the only parent still living but I could also understand your problem. Don't feel bad or sorry for the changed arrangement for that has been ordained by God. God knows how much you suffered and sacrificed for your parents. Anyway you will still see each other on weekends. I am still praying for the divine healing of your mom. By the stripes of Jesus she is healed. Amen. I wish you all the blessings and happiness in the world my dear friend. God bless you always.

Cathy said...

Bless your dear sweet hearts. We love our families, but sometimes living with them is hard. And your having such a small place makes it even more difficult. Hugs ~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin