Thankful Thursday

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Many years ago when things went wrong, I couldn't see past the wrong and so I couldn't thank God for the other blessings He's been showering me with.  But because of those ugly experiences I've had, my character was painfully molded.

This 2012, so far, has been full of both trials and blessings.  I couldn't complain because I know that when a trial comes, there's a corresponding reward when I pass the test.  This is now how I view ugly things that come my way --- a test.

I've already had quite a few the past months, but looking at them at a larger scale, it's great to see how God never failed to show up at once.  What Satan and his followers thought would destroy me turned out to be a character building experience for me.

This week I thank God for his love, protection and blessings that He graciously showers me with consistently.

Another thing I thank God for are the memories I have with Dad.  I thank God that He allowed me to spend time with him in China when he was being treated for cancer last year.  God certainly knows best.  He knew I'd be looking back at those times now.

Lord, thank you. Thank you for loving me with all my imperfections. Thank you for the good memories with Dad I can forever treasure and keep.  Thank you for your protection upon me and my family. Praise God!


What are you thankful for this week?

For more Thankful Thursday, visit Laurie over at Women Taking a Stand.






6 comments:

Unknown said...

He refines those He loves and whom love Him. Hugs to you gentle friend.

I am so glad you had time with your dad before he passed away. My father was taken suddenly without warning, but even in that I see God's hand. He is so good!

Have a blessed day.

Ms. Kathleen said...

Pia, God is so good. Sometimes I have conversations with my Dad, in my mind. Words of wisdom come to mind when I have questions about things or wonder what to do in situations. Thank you for sharing all your thanks and what God is doing in your life. Bless You!

Farrah Kilgo said...

Pia, what a touching post. God is good all the time. All the time God is good!

Farrah
LeanLearnLove

Denise said...

Such a heart touching post, love you.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

I was wondering why you deactivated your account at Facebook. Anyway, I hope you have already recovered from the tragedies that you encountered and your relationship with the Lord became stronger. I seldom attend to my blogs now as I was concentrating on Facebook. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

momto8blog said...

today in my prayer group we were giving thanks to God for our trials....and how each of them brought us closer to Him....
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin