Till We Meet Again...

Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Dad was finally laid to rest last Sunday, April 29.  Although my family has already accepted the fact that Dad is now with Jesus in heaven, we miss him terribly.

Dad did not die of cancer.  He had diarrhea that caused severe dehydration.  Antibiotics were administered, but Dad's body did not respond to them anymore.  Dad's passing was so sudden.  He didn't have a hard time breathing nor was he in pain.  Before Dad had a septic shock, he was able to utter these very important words --- BY JESUS' STRIPES, I AM HEALED.  Dad meant it with all his heart and might.  That's why when he breathed his last, I knew in my heart that Dad went home to be with our Lord that very night.  

It's painful to think that when we need to talk to Dad and seek his advice, he wouldn't be here anymore.  When I close my eyes, I can still hear him laugh and say to each one of us --- I love you, anak (my child).  

I wish Dad had ten more years on this Earth to be with us.  I wish...

We all prayed for Dad's healing and indeed God answered us.  It may not be the way we expected it to be, but God is still faithful.  

Thank you for praying for my family.  Thank you for praying for Dad.  Thank you for all the help and love you've shown my family.  May God bless and keep you.

Lord, thank you for welcoming Dad in to your kingdom.  Thank you for granting Dad complete healing.

Dad, we love you and we always will.  You will forever be in our hearts.  You will always be remembered.  Till we meet again...






11 comments:

Rachel said...

dearest Pia,

the passing of your dad was indeed too sudden. however, please find confort in the thought that he is already in God's home, free from sickness and completely healed. whenever you miss him, just remember that a part of him lives within you and your siblings. each day of the 67 years that he spent on this earth left its mark on you, France, Chet and Chuck. he helped shape who you are today. he may have been strict at times, but i am sure that he loved each and every one of you as only a father could.

as long as you remember the things that he taught you, as long as you cherish the memories that you shared with him, he will always live within you.

may God bless you and your family always.


Rachel

Kc said...

Our hearts and prayers go out for you all. We love you little one.

Tonya said...

Pia,
I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your dad. You have my deepest sympathy.
My prayers are with you and your family.
May the love of God continue to comfort your heart.

Denise said...

I love you more than words can say. I am so sorry for your loss, but it truly is heavens gain.

Paula said...

Ah sweet Pia,
So many times you have encouraged us. The good and beautiful of your dad lives on in you, shining in your faith, joy, kindness, and compassion. I am so very sorry for your loss. I pray you can grieve well, but not without hope.

Slamdunk said...

Pia: you and your family continue to be in our prayers. May we all live a life full of the blessings given to others that your father did.

Amrita said...

This is a beautiful picture and song. Hugs Amrita

Unknown said...

Pia, so sorry to hear about your dad's passing. You are so blessed to have had a father that emulated our Lord. What a great gift he was to you. Blessings my friend, love Julie Moon

Joan Hall said...

Pia:

You have my deepest sympathy. I also lost my dad suddenly (many years ago). Although I know he is in heaven, I would have liked to have had him on earth a little while longer.

You are right - your dad received complete healing.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Love in Christ,
Joan

Pia said...

thank you for your messages and prayers. i really appreciate you all. your prayers have helped my family cope with our loss. i can only wish for all good things from God for you.

thank you.

Cathy said...

Praying for comfort and peace for your family, Dear.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin