Dad Is Now With Our Heavenly Father

Sunday, April 22, 2012
Dad, we love you very much. We will miss you.
This morning at 12:37 my Dad passed away. He was 67 years old. To those of you who have been following my Dad's story through my blog, his sudden departure from this world may come as a shock because of the courageous way he has been fighting his cancer. We were caught off-guard as well. He was still fine when we brought him to the Philippine Heart Center last Friday. In fact, he was fine until yesterday. Then, in the evening, his vital signs began to drop...rapidly. The doctors decided to bring him into the intensive care unit, but he didn't make it. He had a cardiac arrest and died shortly after that. 

Right now, so many things are running through my head. Perhaps, when all the dust has settled, I will tell you more.

My Dad's wake is at the Camelia Chapel (Room 203) of the Sanctuarium, Quezon Avenue corner Araneta Avenue, Quezon City. It is right next to 711 and Jollibee. His body will be ready for viewing tomorrow, Monday 23rd of April. The cremation of his body will be on the 29th at 7AM, also at the Sanctuarium. The original schedule was on the 27th at 1PM, but the family decided to move it to a more auspicious date and time. 

My family and I thank all of you who have prayed for Dad all this time. Your prayers gave us strength to face those trying times. 

Thank you.



13 comments:

jel said...

Pia,
I'm so very sorry to hear about your Dad.
sending a flybyhugging to you, and your family! ((((( )))))

Rocks said...

Sis, sorry to hear about this sad news, praying that God will comfort you and your whole family. Hugs!!!!

Corry said...

((((HUGS))))
Our prayers are with you and your family.

God's Grace.

From the Heart said...

Pia.
You and your family are in my prayers. God loves you and He
will be right beside you holding you in His loving arms.
AliceE.
From The Heart

Sara G said...

I'm sorry to hear the news. Sending you many hugs my sister Pia! May the Lord continue watch over you and your family. May His words be your comfort. May His arms surround you and His peace be among you. No more pain and suffering. I love you!

Slamdunk said...

My prayers are with you and your family Pia. I can't imagine your sadness now.

blogger said...

condolences to your family dear

Karen said...

Prayers for comfort and strength, Pia...I know you miss him....

Denise said...

You have my love, prayers, and hugs. I am so very, very sorry for your loss.

cafémobility said...

i'm sorry to hear this Pia.

Tammi said...

Dear Pia,
I stopped by a friend's blog, Denise "Shortybear" and saw a link to leave you a note here. I wanted to share a verse of scripture with you that I clung to when my only sister passed away (22 yrs old) on May 1, 1997. It was totally unexpected. Took me about two months to really grasp what had happened, but God gave me this verse to cling to as a promise from HIM: Psalm 34:18 The Lord is close to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. I'm sending you and your family a hug and whispering a prayer from the east coast of Virginia (USA)for God to draw you all close and comfort your broken hearts as only He can do. <3
Sincerest sympathy to you and your family during this difficult time.
Your sister in Christ
Tammi Yates

Alicia The Snowflake said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I was following his treatments. He seemed like such a nice man. I will be praying for you and your family as you deal with your loss.

Blessings to you my friend!

Amrita said...

Dearest Pia, I came to know of your loss just today. Having lost my mother 3 months ago I know what its like. I am sending you and your family my heart felt condolences. You were such a caring daughter. Always at his side when he was under going treatment. I remember reading about that. Now you Dad is free from all illness, he is healed eternallyh, that 's whay i say for my beloved Mom.

May God comfort you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin