My Salon Adventure 2

Sunday, January 29, 2012
What a beautiful day!  

Woke up with a smile on my face.   I just feel elated today.  I love this feeling. Isn't it great to have this feeling everyday?  Anyway, had my quiet time before finally getting up to fix my bed.  I love God's message to me today. By the way, I'm reading from the Book of Job and Ephesians. These verses are very special because they're confirmations of God's promise to me.
"For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace, and in this one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility.  He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit."  Ephesians 2:14-18
Anyway, I went to Salon de Matt in Pioneer this afternoon.  This was recommended to me by my good friend Zenda.  She frequents this salon so I guess they must be good.

G/F RFM Corporate Center, Corner Pioneer and Seridan Sts., Mandaluyong City
(+632) 747-01111, 637-9289, (+63915) 877-9311
salon_de_matt@yahoo.com

The salon was easy to locate.  Not far from my place so it's convenient.  The staff were very friendly and very professional.  Blatant voices of laughing and gossips of salon staff while doing my hair or nails are my pet peeve.  Thank God my experience in this salon was very pleasant.  

You know, I'm not very adventurous with hair styles and hair colors.  I always prefer to be on the safe side.  That's why I had the same hair style for decades. Then I woke up this morning and decided to go for a new do and throw all my apprehensions out the window.  I'm glad I did.  *Grin*

Top:  Rayann, Marvin & Rodel
Bottom:  My hair stylists --- Marvin & Rodel

I was very calm while Rodel explained to me what he's planning to do with my hair. Professional as he is, I didn't get scared because he seemed to know exactly what he's saying. So I let him do his magic, then Marvin took over.  I brought with me my own Revlon ColorSilk Luminista #120. This is safe to use because it's ammonia free. Honestly, I wasn't sure how my hair will look like after the application, but I wasn't about to chicken out on this.  I gotta do what I gotta do and that's to suck it up and just go for it.  As you can see, the changes still weren't drastic. I was quite happy with the result, but I still have a tiny bit of concern though.  I'm not sure if I can fix my hair the way they did when I take a shower after a long day.  

Anyway, for now I'm a happy girl.  

 At home... =)


5 comments:

Denise said...

So glad you are a happy girl, love your hair.

Kathleen said...

I love your hair but I know what you mean about being able to fix it like the stylists does. You are so pretty :)

Pia said...

denise: i'd love to stay happy all the time. i wish i could.

kathleen: thank you. unfortunately, i couldn't do my hair the way the stylists did. argh!!! haha!

cafémobility said...

unbelievably beautiful you are. have you observed if they have male clients too?

Pia said...

oh they do have. quite a lot when i was there. =)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin