Family Reunion

Sunday, November 6, 2011
After four years, I went back to my Mom's home town, at my grandparents' house. I saw a lot of changes in the house. I was feeling a bit nostalgic. Anyway, I was happy to see my aunts and uncles, cousins and nieces again. Many weren't there last November 1 and wished they were. Aunt Juliet came home from California. 

My Mom's siblings. 
L-R: Uncle Dan, Aunt Thelma, Aunt Juliet, Mom, Aunt Tess & Aunt Marita

My relatives

One thing I looked forward to coming back here was the food.  My aunts are such good cooks.  We had my fave Sinigang, Rellenong Bangus (Stuffed Milkfish), Bopis, Inihaw na Tilapia at Hito (grilled Catfish) with rice and then Ginatan, Suman and Cassava cake for desert.  Yummy!!! 

We all had Rellenong Bangus and Embutido packed to bring home. Thanks to Aunt Marita and Aunt Tess for preparing these take home goodies for us!  

With my cousin, Bing

Filipinos are known for balikbayan boxes, those huge boxes full of goodies to be distributed as gifts to family and friends back home. This isn't new to us. Aunt Juliet brought home a balikbayan box full of chocolates, branded clothing, toiletries, etc.  Everybody gathered around and waited for their turn to get something.  Well, I got my fave... a bottle of lotion. *Grin*


Though we all missed my Lolo and Lola, we still tried to enjoy the moment and kept their memories alive.  



6 comments:

Kathleen said...

I just love these times with family and what a BEAUTIFUL family you have! I am so looking forward to Thanksgiving when we head to Nebraska to see my sisters, mother, etc.... Thank you for sharing this visit :)

Oh, and share some of those recipes! Yum!

Grace.B said...

Hello Pia,

How are you doing ?

There's nothing like a warm home with family around. I don't have my grand parents anymore and I hope you know how lucky you are.

Much blessings to you and I keep on praying for your father.

Grace

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing, love you sweet friend.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

It's great that you had a family reunion where you were able to touch base with your mother's relatives. You were also able to taste once again your favorite dishes prepared by your aunties. Hope your dad is doing good. I am still praying for his complete recovery. Thanks for the post. God bless you all always.

Amrita said...

Oh my this is such a lovely happy reunion. Love the photos

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

Pia
Favorite ko din lotion lol
xoxo
MrsMartinez

Blog Widget by LinkWithin