My Side of the Fence

Sunday, October 30, 2011
Hi friends!

I miss all of you.  Really.  Whenever I'd sit down to try to write something, my mind goes blank.  This has been going on for months.  Lately, I became too busy with work. Now even when I wanted to write something, I just couldn't. 



So many things are happening on my side of the fence.  I went to visit a total of four wakes this October.  They were cancer patients like Dad, who we got to know during our trips to China.  My heart is heavy from losing some of our new friends.  My deepest condolences to the family of Tito Tony (Loren's dad), Lola Pilar, Auntie Susan and Joy Evangelista (Dr. Evangelista's daughter).  

Dad is undergoing radiation therapy right now.  So far, so good.  His latest CT scan was fairly good.  We are praying that radiation therapy would finally get rid of all of Dad's cancer cells.  I know how that sounds.  But I am believing God for a miracle.  

This season is full of challenges, but God's grace abounds.  I know that God is still in control. I thank God that He faithfully provides for me and my health is in tip top condition.   And like Job, I believe that in the end, I will get double for all my trouble.  So till then, I will patiently wait for my breakthrough to come.  

How about you?  How is everything over at your side of the fence?



7 comments:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Hi Pia! Good to hear from you again. I finally got my computer fixed (was just a loose connection, thankfully) and I'm back online as well.

I'm working full time - teaching in a Christian school on the west coast of Canada, and I have a grade 3/4 split class (both grades) with a total of 21 students...only 8 are in grade 3. It's going pretty good, but I'm quite busy and tired since starting!

Amrita said...

Oct. was a very difficult month for me. Lots of strife, dessensions and ugly stuff in church.- still suffering.

Since August we said goodbye to 4 of our friends. Yesterday I went to a burial service of a family friend and my mom 's colague. Its been very hard facing this. Scary too.

I am glad your Dad is doing god.

Take care Pia

Anonymous said...

God loves indeed abounds pia..have missing you how are you friend? peace be with you..

Pia said...

hi shelly. i'm so glad to hear from you again. you're in a good place --- happy teaching and busy. i think that's your passion. may God bless you more as you do what you are most passionate about.

hi amrita. God sees your sufferings but He promised to be with you all the time. stay in faith and God will fight your battles for you.

hi soraya. busy with work but it's a good kind of busy. God bless you, my friend.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

God is good. I still believe that He will heal your dad. I stand in agreement with your prayers for the complete healing of your dad. By the stripes of Jesus he is healed. Amen. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

Pia said...

bro, thank you for standing with me in prayer and agreement for dad's healing. God bless and heal you too, bro.

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

Hi Pia
Just want to let you know that I visited your page today.
xoxo
MrsMartinez

Blog Widget by LinkWithin