One Special Gift

Friday, October 14, 2011
Today is a very special day. It's my 38th birthday.

This day is very special for me because more than the greetings I got from friends and family, more than the material gifts I received... God gave me a special gift today.  It's my realization of who I am as ME.  It's like when you have this jewelry box all your life then you discovered it has a secret pocket inside, that's the kind of excitement I have right now.

My gigantic Oreo cake
Lunch with my Sun Life family at Epiphany, Global Cuisine Redefined

It's like you know something that others don't.  Can you picture what I'm saying?

I feel very empowered with this radical peace I have inside.  Peace that I know only God can give.  Peace that surpasses all understanding. It's the feeling of knowing what belongs to you and in spite of all the tricks the enemy darts at you, you know and you know and you know that there's nothing he and his pawns can do to impede its way from finding you.

Have you ever thought you lost something?  Maybe a piece of jewelry or a sale? But you know in your heart that if that belongs to you, it will find its way back to you?  Sweet!

That's how I feel.  It's very liberating.

Some of my presents... I heart!

Of course, I will be forever grateful for friends and family.  They are blessings from God.  I also thank the Lord because I have so much love in my heart and it's overflowing.  I have so much love to give.  Now that I finally found my true source of happiness, I know my well will never be emptied.


I'm so happy. Can you tell?  =)


9 comments:

Amrita said...

Happy birthday Pia, you look beautiful. Much younger than 36.


That cake is fabulous.

Glad you had a great time in China at the end of Sept.

Pia said...

i amrita. thanks! love the cake. it was really yummy!

jel said...

Pia,
sorry I missed you Bday.
glad ya had a good time. and the cake does look VERY good :)


huggs

cafémobility said...

Oreo Cake looks really delish.

and yes, with that lovely "aliwalas" look and sunshiny smile, i'm sure you're happy.

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

Hey Pia

It was so nice meeting you ; ) Grabe feeling ko kilala na kita even if first time lang tayo nag meet. Kelangan meet ulit para amy photo op ; )

xoxo
MrsMartinez

Pia said...

jel: it's okay. no worries. i did have a good time and yes, the cake was really yummy! thanks for stopping by. =)

john: thanks for visitng. hope you are doing perfectly well.

mich: i feel the same way. i feel like i know you for so long already. i guess that's what blogging can do right? yeah, we should meet again and have that most awaited photo op. =) see ya again soon, girl! (((HUGS)))

cafémobility said...

thanks to you too. happy birthday and my gift.... prayers.

nadine said...

Blooper of the day:

Chris: Miss, pahingi ng tubig, yung hindi malamig ha.

Waitress: Okay po. Ma'am, with ice?

Pia said...

hey nads! yeah. classic! haha!

d ko pa nakuha photos natin dun.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin