Total Bliss

Monday, November 21, 2011
It all started two weeks ago when I was consistently having anxiety attacks due to pressure from work and other concerns in life.  I lost my joy. I lost my peace.  And I felt like literally drowning.  The feeling was so horrible I don't even want to feel that way again ever!  Last Thursday, when I went to our weekly prayer and worship night at church, I was rejuvenated.  Thank God I attended.  The corporate prayer, the miracle testimony of a couple in our congregation, the songs of praise and worship to God lifted my wearied spirit. 

I went about my work again the following day.  I still had the same concerns, nothing really changed, but my outlook was very different this time.  Let's just put it this way... I'm on fire for God... Really trusting Him and holding on to His hand... and I'm not about to let go.  

Something strange happened though.  But I will write about it probably in my next post.  

Dad is fine, but a bit weak, because of his radiation therapy.  He's trying his best though to stay strong by eating the right food and taking his meds on time.  Mom, on the other hand, was rushed to the ER yesterday because she had difficulty breathing.  Her lungs were congested.  She was given meds and had her dialysis this morning.  Mom is okay now.  Please continue to pray for my parents.  I'm grateful that they are okay today.  That, in itself, is a blessing and I'm grateful.

Anyway, today was a great day.  Went to watch my most awaited movie of the year, Breaking Dawn - Part 1 with my dear friend, Melo.  The movie hadn't even started yet and my popcorn was almost gone. I gulped down my Coke so fast that I had to go to the john just when the engrossing scenes were about to be shown. Argh!!!   Talk about rotten timing!

I'm a self-confessed Twilight junkie. I didn't expect to like the film so much, but I do.  

Anyhow, I feel so great tonight that I'm in total bliss.  I love this feeling and hope everyday will be like today, if not better.  And I have God to thank for making me a sunshine girl today.



7 comments:

Alida Sharp said...

So glad to hear that attending the service made such a difference for you.

joy and blessings,
Alida

Denise said...

I am so glad that you had such a nice day my friend. I pray for bliss for you always. Keeping you, and your dear parents in my prayers. I love you.

Amrita said...

Rejoicing with you Pia

Pia said...

thank you for the visit. may God bless and keep you, my dear friends.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Feelings may vary from time to time but our connection to the Lord must remain constant. It is just normal that we feel drained and exhausted from time to time because of the many trials we face as we stand our ground for the Lord. Always "Cast your cares to the Lord and He will sustain you. He will never let the righteous fall." We just have to hold on to His promises. Thanks for the post. God bless you always. BTW, I am praying for the divine healing of both your father and mother. By the stripes of Jesus, they are healed. Amen.

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

Let's meet up again soon! Too bad I was not able to go when you asked me the last time ; (

xoxo
MrsMartinez

Pia said...

bro, thanks for praying for my parents. may God grant you healing as well.


mich, oo nga. d bale, next time. i have such crazy schedule lately.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin