Going Home

Friday, July 8, 2011
We're going home tonight!  Woohoo!  I'm almost done packing,  just a few more stuff left and we're all set.

Last night, our roommates arrived --- Shirlyn and her dad.  We had to share our room with another patient because the hospital is packed.  We don't mind room sharing as long as it's with people we know... for security reasons.  The new hospital building, which is a lot bigger, will be ready for service by August this year. In the meantime, we just need to be a little more patient with the current set up in the hospital. 

Anyway, Dad and I together with Shirlyn, her dad, Lolo Manny and Lola Pilar went to Shengxuan Restaurant inside the Royal Riviera Hotel to have lunch.  We did enjoy the food and, of course, each other's company.  Shirlyn and her dad, Mr. Ng, are regulars in this restaurant.

L-R: Shirlyn, Mr. Ng (Shirlyn's dad), Lolo Manny, Lola Pilar, Dad and me

Yum!

Dad with Lolo Manny and Lola Pilar

Mr. Ng, Lola Pilar and Dad all have stage IV lung cancer, but they're all doing a lot better now.  All praises to God!  We'll be back at Fuda last week of July.

Well, it's almost 5 p.m. We have to have an early dinner because we're leaving for the airport by 6 and I have to finish packing.  


Our total accumulated bill: ¥196,641.96 ($30,416.39)


6 comments:

Bluebirdy said...

Hi dear Pia! How long was this visit? 2 weeks? SO sorry about your toe. Did the baby oil help your skin? The exotic foods and the prescription for bitter herbs really intrigued me.WHat are those bitter herbs for? I have been wishing for years that there was a hospital where you could go get treated with natural remedies and get taken care of there until you can take care of yourself. It seems like many hospitals in China do it, (like Fuda) but that's too expensive for me. When you add up the costs, do you include the air fares? I think I'll search world wide for a naturopathic hospital.
Oh! I saw Cordyceps in capsules yesterday. Isn't that the name of the little worms they gave your Dad? I think capsules are easir to swalow, but maybe not as effective.
I started thinking about that rash. I wonder if you got some kind of parasite in China.
Bless you and your Father and all your friends there who are also ill.
Love, Sheila

Pia said...

hi sheila. dad and i were in china for 11 days only. the baby oil didn't help one bit. i had to use nivea milk lotion for super dry skin. the bitter herbs dad was taking was for his blood circulation i think. i took a few bags too to help lessen my falling hair and also for proper blood circulation. the cost i've been posting does not include air fare yet. yeah, it's expensive but God has been providing. according to the chinese doctors, cordyceps are very good that's why they're expensive too. we just bought one box and we didn't buy again. normally the effects will show if you've been using it long term. i think i got the rashes because of the weather. i don't know why but it's not even winter season there. how's your mom?

slamdunk said...

Safe travels Pia and I am glad for your family's many blessings.

Ms. Kathleen said...

So happy for you all. Keeping you in prayer.

My Mad World said...

Hope you have a safe trip! Sounds like you had a great time!!

I am praying for your dad and for you and your family too!!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

I haven't been able to comment, but I have been following your dad's progress. I'm so glad he's doing better. And thanks for sharing about the Chinese hospital and culture. I find it fascinating! Blessings to you my friend!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin