Fearless Friday

Friday, February 25, 2011
Photobucket


It's Friday once again. It's a day we commit to praying for our needs and the needs of others. If you have prayer requests, you may leave me a comment here or you can email me. I will be praying for you.

Earlier today, I asked God to speak to me as I read His Word.  I would normally read a chapter then another then another, but couldn't understand a thing.  But this time, I asked God to give me wisdom to know what His message is for me today. 

I was reading from the book of Judges chapter 7 where Gideon defeats the Midianites.  Specifically on verse 22 where it says, "When the three hundred trumpets sounded, the LORD caused the men throughout the camp to turn on each other with their swords. The army fled to Beth Shittah toward Zererah as far as the border of Abel Meholah near Tabbath."

This is the revelation I got from this passage --- God can cause things to happen in our lives.  Sure, He won't over rule man's free will, but God can work on circumstances to make His will and His purpose prevail.  Whatever challenges we are facing now, however it looks like, God can CAUSE things to change for our benefit and for His glory.

Let's continue to praise God!

I'm joining Angie over at Free Spirit Haven for today's Fearless Friday.



2 comments:

Lily said...

Joining you in prayer and contemplation of God's abilities as the Master Creator and his awesome power to effect change in our lives once we open our hearts to Him.
~Lily
www.neverfadingwood.blogspot.com

Angela said...

God can work on circumstances to make His will and His purpose prevail.

amen amen amen

God can CAUSE things to change for our benefit and for His glory.

amen amen amen..both such powerful statements.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin